• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss

sally1

I'm sure there's already loads of threads about this but I can't find them. I'm almost 5 months post RNY.
My hair is falling out in clumps can anyone help?l

I'm sure there's already loads of threads about this but I can't find them. I'm almost 5 months post RNY. My hair is falling out in clumps can anyone help?l

I went to my gp today for this too am
13 weeks out and suffering from bad hair loss he said up protein and he has took bloods to make sure all vitamins are working mentioned biotin and senium pills so gonna try them too xx

Sally1 I'm exactly the same, hair coming out in clumps, don't know how I have any left lol, I had bloods done last week x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

After trying some of the other suggestions on here, nothing worked for me and even months post op my hair continued to fall out. Then I found some research months ago that suggested extra iron and upping vitamin c as this is needed to help our bodies absorbs the ferratin (iron). I actually found a BOOTS own brand Iron and VitaminC combination, started taking those and never looked back. I no longer have thin or bald patches, My hair has grown back and has definitely Stopped falling out.

Sally1 I'm exactly the same, hair coming out in clumps, don't know how I have any left lol, I had bloods done last week x Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm at hospital next month for bloods taken I'm rarely washing it or using heat products on it as frightened it will fall out! I'm desperate to have my colour done but afraid it will all fall out! X

Hi. I went through this too. If you read my old posts you'll see I was FREAKING out about it! It lasted about 3 months then one day just stopped as quick as it started. I now have spiky bits everywhere over my head where it's starting to come back in lol. Dont worry .. it will stop x

I'm at hospital next month for bloods taken I'm rarely washing it or using heat products on it as frightened it will fall out! I'm desperate to have my colour done but afraid it will all fall out! X[/QUOT

If you need. Couloir use a none permanent one for now it's less harsh on your hair and if you have coloured hair such as red purple etx use a coloured hair conditioner such as crazy colour it actually conditions hair as its colouring and only
A semi xx

I had a gastric sleeve last october and at about three months post surgery my hair started to thin and if i ran my fingers through my hair some would come out. I was told to up my protein,and in a panic messaged my hair dresser and she said the same about protein and diet etc. I still have my hair coloured with her using salon grade colours, but mainly done with foils with little of it actually touching my scalp. When i had my appointment with her nearly three months ago she said my hair was regrowing and was like baby hair. then at the most recent visit she said my hair was getting thicker. i am nearly nine months post surgery and i can honestly say that your hair does get better, just give it time

Back