• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair loss

RES

Just coming up to 4 months post sleeve and hair starting coming out in handfuls. Expected some loss, but anyone got advice in coping with this please?

Sorry you just have to wait it out, mine stopped at about 9 months out. It's inevitable I think..

Mine took 19 months to settle down and while there's not quite as much now as there was before surgery, and it now grows a little slower than it used to, it's not as brittle as it was and I've stopped the major moulting! Be patient, treat yourself to some nice deep conditioning treatments from time to time (they won't stop the hair loss, but they'll make your hair feel awesome and leave you feeling a wee bit pampered). And think about going for a whole new look: I decided to have my hair cut short for the first time in years and it was fun going for a new 'do to match the new look that came with the weight loss. It's a great chance to try a new look.

Back