• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair question

My hairs deffinetly thinned out alot and still seems to b thin at 8 months post op but I just buy the clip in real hair extensions and thT makes it look thicker, I had a lot of hair so to other ppl they don't notice it but to me I was use to so much hair that I hated the thought of loosing too much but tbh it's not as bad as I thought it would b xx

Mine fell out from month 4 and started growing back around month 8. I had very thick hair so only i noticed. No supplements helped really and it has grown back wavy whereas it was dead straight before. Its only temporary until the body gets over the shock of losing large chunks of weight

I'm 4 months post-bypass, and just this week my hair has started 'leaving the building'!! :eek:

I do notice it coming out when I brush it and wash it, but so far I cannot see a difference on my head, so fingers crossed it will not be too thin. I'm not too worried about it, it's a small and temporary price to pay for the massive health benefits I am already experiencing :D

luckyla said:
I was thinking of leaving mine longer between washes too xx

It's deffo helped leaving it longer between washing I don't lose as much xx

Mine started to fall out at 4 months post op. Fortunately I have lots of it so it's not noticeable. I did make the mistake of dying it a while back and handfuls came out then.

oh thats was what i was going to ask... ive got really long hair so my hair is always falling out, but im going a bit grey, ive always dies my hair since i was about 16.... i havnt died it for about 6 months... im only 5 weeks post op... should i dye my hair?

Have a chat with your hairdresser shell know your hair best explain what you've had done & the possibility of loss. I had a perm at about 8 wks post op & again at 5.5mths my hair started falling out at about 2-3wks post op but is now slowing down at 6mths post-op. I talked it through with my hairdresser & we decided it wouldn't make it worse but of it did seem to we would delay the next perm all seemed ok so we did the 2nd just before Xmas.

There was a thread on here somewhere, i cant find it now - that suggests a special shampoo to help hair grow stronger - (it was for horses) but humans can use it too, does anyone know the name of it? apparently you can buy it on amazon

I think they sell that here in the US. When I go to the store, I'll try to look for it and let you know what it's called.

Yes I saw that about the horse shampoo on here, I use Philip Kingsley shampoo and it has won loads of awards as it is good for your hair, I used to wash my hair everyday because I like the smell of clean fresh hair but with this your hair feels clean and fresh for much longer and they do scalp treatments,well have a look on the website it's amazing stuff. Xx

Yes I saw that about the horse shampoo on here, I use Philip Kingsley shampoo and it has won loads of awards as it is good for your hair, I used to wash my hair everyday because I like the smell of clean fresh hair but with this your hair feels clean and fresh for much longer and they do scalp treatments,well have a look on the website it's amazing stuff. Xx

Philip Kingsley is on QVC this very afternoon!! Saturday 7th Jan x

Has anyone had their hair get curlier or straighter? Just curious.... Mine is very curly and wondered if it will change.

Back