• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair styles

tray

i was just wondering what it was that made you cut your hair,
for almost 22 years i had the same hair style long curly and bushy, i felt like my hair was my mask, when ever i went out i would make sure my hair looked nice, and was all big and bushy, for some reason i would think that if i had all this hair then no one would see the real me, with this huge fat face,
but since losing the weight i have cut my hair short and gone blonde,
when i look at a lot of the before and after photos of people, a lot of us had long big hair, and after losing weight have the hair cut short,
so what was your reason for cutting your hair,
mine was due to finally looking in the mirror and liking the face looking back at me, i have also more confidence about how i look, than what i used to,:D

I've been thinking about going blond.. lol.. would be interesting for sure! I have always had dark brown hair, never gone lighter.
You look lovely Tray!

:)Lookin' good Tray-short & blond suits you:)

I have just gone short(er) - & getting the blond bits put in next month

I think, for me when I was slimmer (yrs ago!) it was becos the shorter styles suited my face better whereas now it would accentuate the fat face lol

I like my hair long though as it's too frizzy when it's short! Half way between curly and staight (I blame my mother! lol) and I never have time to straighten etc every morning...well I would if I wanted to get up at 4.30 am to get to work on time and that's just not going to happen lol

Agree with others though, your hair looks great x

Hi Tray, I am exactly like you, longish curly bushy hair, and always make sure it is back combed out when I go out, it is like my mask/shield. But since I have lost so much I really don't know what to do, don't think I have the nerve to have it cut off.
Yours looks fab though, wish I could pluck up the courage lol xxxxx

You look fantastic.

I went shorter coz my hair went so thin after the op and I felt it was the only way to make it thicker again.Now it is going back thicker I may grow it a bit now. But after taking the plunge after years of long hair I do like it shorter must admit.

Jo
xx

I lost quite a lot of hair in the early months post op and being straight and long as it started to regrow I just couldnt tame the fuzz. So I had it cut into a shorter choppier style and I love it.

I have been brave at my last visit to the hairdressers though and had a violet tint added to my usual colour so in certain lights my hair has a purply appearance.

I think with the weight I have turned back the clock and am reliving my youth!

your hair cut definately suits your smaller features!

I cant go blond or id look like a drag queen :8855: would love to try something new once ive lost the weight x

lol, deets, you do make me laugh. Drag Queen. lol

Ive just gone slightly darker, to the shade of my natural hair now instead of my natural colour when I was seventeen which was blonde lol.

Lynne x

For anyone that wants to see what they would look like with different hairstyles and makeup, there is a website I use for fun called TAZZ. You can put your own photo on and choose loads of hairstyles and makeup. It's really good fun!

Your new do really suits you Tray x
I have always liked my hair long though, I got a few inches off a few weeks ago because it was down to my tail bone and looking a bit thin on the ends. I had it hacked off to just past my bra line (slightly longer than the middle of my back) and it looks much thicker..too much of a rock chick to cut it shorter than that!

i never thought this time last year i would of had the courage to have short hair, it did take a few trips to the hairdressers to get it that short ..lol i would go in and say cut it a bit shorter each time. then add a few more highlights ...lol untill it was really short and very blonde ..lol but it is so much easier to control now then before, even tho when i had the long hair i would always have it either in a ponytail or pushed back with a hair band....... but yes i like it short :)

i HATE having short hair mainly because my hair is really wavy/curly, but mine thinned out quite a bit after my op that it just had no body to it long any more, so 3 months ago i decided to get it all cut short (now i have a thinner face) and let it all regrow together.

I also had a lot of short regrowth from many years of dreadlock extensions so as soon as it gets long enough again i will be getting my extensions back in :)

When I was slim in the past I cut my hair short as it brought out my cheek bones and I also bleached my hair blonde as it made me seem more softer and feminine. Short dark hair is a bit too strong.
Anyways the fatter I got, the longer hair I had because length when you have a round face makes your face look longer and therefore slimmer. Short hair on a round face makes it look even rounder, therefore fatter.

Back