• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hallellujah - Movement at last!

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
I am one very happy bunny. My quest for WLS seems to be well and truly underway (hoping & praying). After all the shenanigans with being bumped back to my GP, I arrived home to 2 letters from Salford Royal Hospital. The first asked me to call and make an appointment to see Consultants New/Syed and the second was about blood tests and a sleep test. The blood test envelopes were enclosed & I was planning to go to the diabetes centre to have those done tomorrow. I called to make the appointment expecting it will be 2-3 weeks at the earliest to accommodate the blood tests. To my surprise, I was asked if I could attend this Friday morning, as in 19/12/08 and I was told that I did not have to have the bloods done before attending. I guess I’ll have them done on the same day. I will be given details of the sleep study in due course.

Now my veteran WLS buddies, what must I make of this? Is it a done deal or is it just routine?

Can't answer that one as not familiar with the process there, but sounds positive!

It does sound like it...:)

I wish you all the luck and hope nothing happens to hold it up.

Thanks Shel, Caz & Tes.

With a BMI of 56, the NICE guidelines do say surgery should be a first line option. I've already suffered gestational diabetes for which I had to inject insulin and have a family history of the condition. My BP is high and am on codeine to manage hip and lower back pain. I do pray that the appointment is a formality and that the funding matter will be smooth.:innocent0001: :fingerscrossed:

Agree with the others, sounds positive and not too long to wait to find out. You could have been kept waiting over christmas.

Got everything crossed for you for Friday xx

well plus if its any reassurance to you that is exactly what happened to me arrived home to a package with a 24 hr urine collection bottle and blood papers and my appointment to see dr new 2 days later. Had my bloods done the following day and then dr new thr day after. My blood results wernt back when i saw him but he still recommended surgery then wrote to my gp requesting he apply for funding.
I think things have changed in that funding has now got to be in place befor you see dr new so fingers crossed for you.
Hc

well plus if its any reassurance to you that is exactly what happened to me arrived home to a package with a 24 hr urine collection bottle and blood papers and my appointment to see dr new 2 days later. Had my bloods done the following day and then dr new thr day after. My blood results wernt back when i saw him but he still recommended surgery then wrote to my gp requesting he apply for funding.
I think things have changed in that funding has now got to be in place befor you see dr new so fingers crossed for you.
Hc
Oh yeah. Totally reassuring. The funding bit is what has been the problem in seeing Drs New/Syed. My PCT say they have given SRH a pot of money to do assessments prior to considering funding applications. I know there was a meeting about this as hospital had insisted on funding being in place before they saw me and the PCT had insisted on me being seen by consultant first before considering funding. Talk about being asked to untie the Gordian knot without the benefit of a sword. I will be finding out more on Friday what this all means in terms of the funding, if it's at all possible that the PCT has indeed agreed funding prior to this new appointment. I had had one earlier appointment cancelled because there had been no funding in place.

Got everything crossed for you for Friday xx
Thanks Sam. I'm all crossed up too.:cross: :fingerscrossed: :cross:

Oh yeah. Totally reassuring. The funding bit is what has been the problem in seeing Drs New/Syed. My PCT say they have given SRH a pot of money to do assessments prior to considering funding applications. I know there was a meeting about this as hospital had insisted on funding being in place before they saw me and the PCT had insisted on me being seen by consultant first before considering funding. Talk about being asked to untie the Gordian knot without the benefit of a sword. I will be finding out more on Friday what this all means in terms of the funding, if it's at all possible that the PCT has indeed agreed funding prior to this new appointment. I had had one earlier appointment cancelled because there had been no funding in place.

:sign0007: sorry plus forgot about that. everything crossed for friday.
Hc

Back