• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Doctors app re rejected referral

PurpleKylie22

Honestly I am so glad I have you girls here - the doctor I dont think wouldve mentioned any of the tests that can be done until I asked for them.

So after todays appointment I have - Monday appointment for blood tests to check heart markers (family history of heart problems), Nov appointment for Physio for my back/hip and.... Sleep apnea referral ;)
We can re-look at things once she gets everything back from them and she is Happy to talk to the SCOTS charity guy about the way forwards!

Good to see there is some hope for you :)

Im trying to stay positive! to be honest I half expect even if I have sleep apnea they will still reject me... :( but I just have to keep hoping, I will get there one day I just know it.

Try and stay positice hun, this time last year I never thought I would ever get surgery and here I am 2 weeks post op :D Dreams can and do come true (HUGS) XX

Great news Kylie, I'm sure with all those tests you'll be able to gather the evidence you need to prove your case. MUCH LOVE. XXX

Good luck love and great to feel a focus on the future... I very often have you in my thoughts and as always... wish you well on your wls journey xxx

Aww thank you Bev!
Thank you every one - this webiste is so wonderful, I wouldnt have ever thought of some of the things mentioned on here, hadnt even heard of Sleep Apnea before. I can only hope that some of this works and if not that they change the local guidelines soon.
When I first started to look at weight loss surgery, I thought a bypass sounded like the worst thing in the world - never would have thought I would fight to get one :D

Reactions: Bev
You are not on your own Kylie... in some ways the waiting for the surgery is a good thing because you can really explore things and search yourself... the bypass is not reversible, so it warrants a huge amount of thought and reflection before making the decision...

I had a great chat with the psychologist at Salford yesterday and we ended up with a hug at the end of it... she had worked with some of my colleagues in mental health and we connected immediately.... and we agreed that it can be a great advantage to work for this surgery and to take time to look at all options and all issues...

Keep going love, I should have had mine last year but was hampered with cancer treatment... I'm now awaiting mine in the new year and feel that it's a good time for me to have it then... It has been a long wait.... but it's really a case of chipping away and just keeping on track and keep your goal in sight.

You also have us to help you on a daily basis too....

Sending loving hugs to you xxx

Back