• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hard areas in tummy after tummy tuck?

Dizzy79

I'm 2 weeks post of and healing well,my question is this,and I'm not sure what's normal after operations as I've never had a cut before only keyhole.
Above my new belly button I can feel a hard area like rock,it doesn't hurt but feels more uncomfortable and also today I feel it in areas along my main scar,which again isn't painful more uncomfortable as bending I feel like I'll break or something.
Is it scar tissue?
My wounds are all clean and not mucky or anything.
I hope that someone can help as I know a lot of you have has surgery so may know.
Thank you xxx

I had a tummy tuck two years ago, don't recall any hardness at all. It was all soft to touch, had a few places in the scar that opened up and right above them it would swell a bit and the leak.

I'd mention it to the team.

Anna xxx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Cicca said:
I had a tummy tuck two years ago, don't recall any hardness at all. It was all soft to touch, had a few places in the scar that opened up and right above them it would swell a bit and the leak.

I'd mention it to the team.

Anna xxx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ok thank you hun xxx

Hi Dizzy

My tum is like yours and is really firm underneath my tummy button down to the scar and just below it. When they did my TT they did a rectus sheath repair too so they stitched the muscles together vertically down the middle. I'm pretty sure this is why my tummy is hard (though I exercised a lot before and have since). It might be worth asking if they did the same sort of procedure for you?

Debs xxx

Rustyangel said:
Hi Dizzy

My tum is like yours and is really firm underneath my tummy button down to the scar and just below it. When they did my TT they did a rectus sheath repair too so they stitched the muscles together vertically down the middle. I'm pretty sure this is why my tummy is hard (though I exercised a lot before and have since). It might be worth asking if they did the same sort of procedure for you?

Debs xxx

Hi hunny,I have fat necrosis thats what all my hard lumps are,there like rocks some have gone and new ones appeared,feels very uncomfortable sometimes. I see the surgeon on the 10th aug so plan on asking him all the inns and outs of what thy actually did to me too,hope your ok love xxx

Hi,
Nice to hear that you are recovering fast. Now, coming to your problem,the hard areas in your tummy after your surgery needs to be checked.I think it would be better if you show this problem to your surgeon. I am sure he will advice you better.

scar tissue

surgery is not a perfect answer, you may have to have another surgery to remove scar tissue if you are too worried about the physical attributes of a tummy tuck. I had one too and there will always be scar tissue.

Back