• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hartlands info required

rambo

leicester tigers
hi all you heartlands folks

well after the cock up by my pct and them sending me to the wrong hospital for my surgery(walsall manor) were i was at the start of pre opp stage for a gastric bypass, when they found out i should not be there, after a bit of sorting out they have now sent me to heartlands hospital for my opp, so what i would like to now know is , what is the procedure for heartlands i have to see Mr Kumar the surgeon.
so how long will it take for my first appointment what happens and how long will it now take roughly from start to the opp ?
any info would be much appreciated
regards Steve

My initial referral had me see Dr Taheri at Heartlands at the beginning of July last year and I saw Mr Kumar in November and he told me that it is usually a year from first appointment to bypass and to plan on this summer. The time frame is shorter for bands as they have more surgeons there performing them.

I ended up going privately for other reasons but it seems 10-12 months is the norm for bypasses at Heartlands. Hopefully they will move you along quicker due to the issues you have already had. Is your file being transferred from WM to Heartlands?

My initial referral had me see Dr Taheri at Heartlands at the beginning of July last year and I saw Mr Kumar in November and he told me that it is usually a year from first appointment to bypass and to plan on this summer. The time frame is shorter for bands as they have more surgeons there performing them.

I ended up going privately for other reasons but it seems 10-12 months is the norm for bypasses at Heartlands. Hopefully they will move you along quicker due to the issues you have already had. Is your file being transferred from WM to Heartlands?

hi F L
my pct has spoken to heartlands and all my records were asked for by my pct from walsall manor and they were sent to heartlands also i believe Mr Kumar has been informed of my situation also i believe, i have been in this process now since sept 08 hmmmmmmm

Hi Rambo
I had a band at Heartlands , i now the list is shorter for a band , i saw Mr Super in November 09 and the band was fitted Feb10, sorry i can't comment on the bypass waiting times , hope you hear very soon , keep on at them it sounds like you have waited long enough. Good luck .x

hi mandie
thanks for that , you were sorted soon enough then, well done good luck with your weight loss journey,hopefully i wont have to wait to much longer to get sorted lol
all the best regards Steve

Hi Steve,
As you are aware I am also with Heartlands but as a Bander. I have met both types of operations at the wls meetings. Some of the girls only waited 4 months from seeing the surgeon to the operation.

Heartlands have now extended the clinic and it has now become a very busy clinic with long waiting lists. When I seen my surgeon he said that they now have a extra surgeon to cope with the demand and I think his name is Mr Najirr or something like that.

Why not give them a phone call to see if they have received your records and if they have a appointment in the system for you? I can inbox you the co-ordinators email address if you need it, Ann is very helpful. :)

Hi Steve,
As you are aware I am also with Heartlands but as a Bander. I have met both types of operations at the wls meetings. Some of the girls only waited 4 months from seeing the surgeon to the operation.

Heartlands have now extended the clinic and it has now become a very busy clinic with long waiting lists. When I seen my surgeon he said that they now have a extra surgeon to cope with the demand and I think his name is Mr Najirr or something like that.

Why not give them a phone call to see if they have received your records and if they have a appointment in the system for you? I can inbox you the co-ordinators email address if you need it, Ann is very helpful. :)

hi jezabell
thanks for your reply any info would be great any fone numbers for hartlands would be good too the email will be very usefull if you could send it to my inbox i would appreciate it ,
all the best with your opp in march girl not long now,
many thanks steve x

to rambo regards Heartlands

Hi Rambo I am at heartlands also but for banding so cant really comment on bypass lists but what i can say is keep on to them so you dont get forgotten. I had my funding through in Aug and had my firt app in Nov and was told 2-3 mths was the norm to wait (waiting for funding , not aware my had already come through) so expected my op to be in Jan or Feb. When i hadnt heard i started ringing to be told they were still waiting for funding! so i got on to my gp who got on to the pct who told them funding had be sorted. Rang Heartlands to find out what was going on and was put through to the finance dept and it was confirmed that yes funding had come through in Aug. Somehow Mr Super either hadnt been informed to ad me to his list or I had been overlooked somewhere along the line. When this was finally realised I have been moved over to Mr Nijjars list to get op sooner (16TH March) would have had to wait until May with Mr Super. Again all I can say is ring ring ring until you get what you want.

Hi Rambo I am at heartlands also but for banding so cant really comment on bypass lists but what i can say is keep on to them so you dont get forgotten. I had my funding through in Aug and had my firt app in Nov and was told 2-3 mths was the norm to wait (waiting for funding , not aware my had already come through) so expected my op to be in Jan or Feb. When i hadnt heard i started ringing to be told they were still waiting for funding! so i got on to my gp who got on to the pct who told them funding had be sorted. Rang Heartlands to find out what was going on and was put through to the finance dept and it was confirmed that yes funding had come through in Aug. Somehow Mr Super either hadnt been informed to ad me to his list or I had been overlooked somewhere along the line. When this was finally realised I have been moved over to Mr Nijjars list to get op sooner (16TH March) would have had to wait until May with Mr Super. Again all I can say is ring ring ring until you get what you want.

hi cindy
thanks for that
after the cock up with walsall manor i fully intend to be on top of my game with the admin side of this and will be in constant touch with all concerned with my treatment till i have got it all in place and a date for my opperation
regards steve x

I've sent the email and phone numbers to your facebook inbox Steve. :)
hi Julie
many thanks for that i have got the numbers and have given them a ring so things are in the right place now and i know i,m in the system just waiting for the appointment now ,so ill be in touch with them regularly till i get it lol
thanks a lot girl x
regards steve

Back