• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HARTLANDS HOSPITAL

rambo

leicester tigers
hi all after well after my pct,s cock up when then sent me to walsall manor hospital for my bypass by mistake , it now seems that i have to go to hartlands now for my operation, grrrrrrrrrrr i have only to have my pre opps at the manor then my opp, my pct tell me they will speak with the surgeon at heartlands as i have spent 19 months to get this far with 12 months weight management and seven months with the manor , so as hartlands is totally new to me how many of you good people are going to be and have been done at heartlands any info would be great
regards Steve

i'm so sorry they are making you jump through so many hoops. all that time surly can't be waisted. they may read your notes and take it from where you are at the manor.
i'm hoping you get to know more soon.
sue.

well from what i have been informed they are going to speak with the surgeon and start me at the postion i am at with walsall manor at the moment so we shall see, or i feel a letter to pals will be in order

If you have any problems, let me you as I have the main guy's email address and he is really helpful.

OHHHHH Steve:cry::cry:
So sorry you are leaving us :wave_cry::wave_cry:
but I hope you will get a op date soon
:hug99:

Hi Steve

so sorry to hear that it wasnt resolved. I hope you get the time scale sorted. I hope that you get your bypass i was told that they would only do me the band there thats why i opted for the manor but now you got your funding i cant imagine they could do that

all the best

xx

Oh Steve, i am sorry you've had to leave the Manor! I really hope you start on the waiting list for surgery as i know someone on here (a bander) who it took 3 yrs for.... Fingers n legs crossed again xxx

I'm with Heartlands but as a Bander which hasn't been fitted as yet (1st March)

From my 1st app with my own GP to the op date it will have taken 9 months.

I'm really sorry they have messed you around and i'm sure you will have a date with Heartlands in no time.

I hear the surgeon that does the Bypass is a great fella and I have met many ppl that have had a Bypass with him at the support group meetings. x

hi Wendy,
well i,m sorry too, for all its admin faults i liked the manor, and had a good rapore with Lesley hannon who has been a darling in helping me sort this mess out, its not official yet that i believe they will tell me Monday wen my pct ring to confirm whats been going on and were i,m at , so its a bloody shame but as long as i get my opp it matters not were but more importantly when i Will keep all you lovely girls posted on what go,s on and wish all of you the best of luck with your journey,s i shall keep an eye on all you walsall peeps u loverly lot
take care
regards Steve

Hiya im a patient at the heartlands i have to attend there weight loss managment sessions each month on the advice of mr taheri, and im going to see mr kumar in april about having the bypass, i have to travel all the way from shrewsbury each month just to be weighed at the classes!! shrospshire does not do baratic surgery now so we are all referd to the heartlands..
hope this is of help!!
wishing u all the best in your new life xx

Hiya im a patient at the heartlands i have to attend there weight loss managment sessions each month on the advice of mr taheri, and im going to see mr kumar in april about having the bypass, i have to travel all the way from shrewsbury each month just to be weighed at the classes!! shrospshire does not do baratic surgery now so we are all referd to the heartlands..
hope this is of help!!

hi i had to do 12 months weight loss management with my pct and see the dietitian and psychologist Mr Kendrick who all passed me on for surgery now i think i will have to go to hartlands for my opp

hope this is of help!!

Really? I was told by Mr. Sigursson that Walsall's workload is too much at the moment and that some of the patients are going to him at Telford.

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you're going through the ringer. I hope Heartlands is your final stop and you get the operation you've so patiently waited for.

CC x

Really? I was told by Mr. Sigursson that Walsall's workload is too much at the moment and that some of the patients are going to him at Telford.

as far as im aware mr sigursson has lost the nhs contract to do the wls surgey in shropshire, i was under him and was due to have a bypass with him but was waiting for funding 2 weeks after seeing him we all had a letter to say that all shropshire patients are sent to the heartlands hope this helps!!

hi all after well after my pct,s cock up when then sent me to walsall manor hospital for my bypass by mistake , it now seems that i have to go to heartlands now for my operation, grrrrrrrrrrr i have only to have my pre opps at the manor then my opp, my pct tell me they will speak with the surgeon at heartlands as i have spent 19 months to get this far with 12 months weight management and seven months with the manor , so as heartlands is totally new to me how many of you good people are going to be and have been done at heartlands any info would be great
regards Steve

hi all
well its now official i have now been transfered to heartlands,, the manager dealing with my case has informed me all the relevant paperwork has been sorted my consultant has spoken with heartlands management and surgeon, so all i can now do is wait for the appointment for heartlands, i will of course keep you all up to date with my progress
regards Steve

OMG I cant believe the messing about you are having why the hell could they just not leave you at the Manor as it was the pct's cock up anyway. Good luck on your onward journey and I hope you don't have to wait to long for your surgery, my god you have earned it:D

Back