• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WOT A COCK UP

rambo

leicester tigers
O MY GOD WHAT A COCK UP
i just dont believe it i spoke to the lovely Lesley hannon to day about my funding,and wots going on with it ,
she kindly looked up for me to see the state of play and said she would chase it up for me bless her
well at 4.50pm i got a call from here to say she has been in touch with my pct and explained to them , then to my horror they tell her i should not have been referred to walsall they use another cheaper hospital to carry out the surgery.god after 12 months weight management and 7 months at the manor i should not be there,i should of gone to heartlands ,ffs all that time and 100mile round trips to the manor god, any how the pct wanted all my paperwork faxed to them which has been done,, to look at and see if they will fund the manor to finish the job,, god i hope so, Lesley told them i was ready for my pre opps and was on the waiting list already, my pct will now look at it all and then the funding panel will decide if they can go ahead and finish the job off , or if i have to start again at heartlands o my god wot a mess my hospital sent me there to start with back in october i hope they sort this out ASAP
steve

That is shocking! Hopefully they'll get you sorted soon hun xx

What a bloody nightmare.
The more things I read the more I wonder that if we din't chase these things up ourselves then what would happen.
Not as bad as yours but my application for funding was lost in cyber space for 6 weeks which if I hadn't of chased it up then still would be floating around somewhere I'm sure.
Really hope you get some good news soon and get everything sorted out. x

That's bloody appalling chuck:(:(Hope you get sorted soon x:D

This must be very stressful for you Steve:hug99:

I can't see what is to be gained by changing things at this late stage.

Hang in there, I am sure it will be okay:fingerscrossed:

This almost happened to me too last week but I spoke with the Senior Commissioning Manager of the PCT (the purse string holder) and explained the situation and she was absolutely lovely and made the decision to fund me there and then.

Could you perhaps speak to someone in your PCT yourself than leave it to hospital admin to sort out? Patient Power and all that ;)

And the very best of luck, I so hope they decide to fund you where you are. Oh, and they still have to pay for all the treatment you've already had done at this hospital, so why pay twice making you go through it all again?! Use that as a bargaining tool too :)

'Cock up' doesn't quite cover it.:rant2:
I hope you get the surgery you want soon, where you want it.

Oh Steve, I would be livid if I were you.

I really hope they sort this mess out for you. I agree with Twiggie, get on to the PTC yourself and let them know that your life has already been on hold for 19 months, and to take this away from you now would be detrimental to your health and your mental state.

Big hugs, and keep us posted.

bugger thats crap mate, i too would too try to find out who is in charge of your case at the PCT, saying that im at heartlands and have to say they are wonderful and Anne the bariatric secretary is very very helpful and friendly can't praise her enough, I see to have been processed very quickly from my pre op appointment........ bad weather problem aside.
Good luck hope you get it sorted soon.

Rambo

Like the whole process isn't already long and stressful enough. I hope you give them what for, and I hope they sort them selves out real soon. Its disgraceful how everyone's journey is different.

Thats terrible mate, and well out of order. :mad:

They shouldnt be able to make stupid mistakes like this x

Is baratric surgery covered under the right to choose what hospital you go to thing? I agree you should speak to the PCT yourself and tell them how it would affect you if they wont fund the op at the hospital you have already been to. x

No, unfortunately bariatric surgery isn't covered by Book & Choose service as it's classed as elective surgery. The PCT have their own designated hospitals they provide funding for which you're supposed to attend for your treatment.

However, Steve may have a case under exceptional circumstances if he can prove that he ended up being treated at the Manor through no fault of his own i.e. his GP surgery referred him to the wrong hospital, for whatever reason. Also, this hospital will have to be on their approved list of hospitals that they occasionally fund when necessary. If it's not then I'm afraid you're going to have a tough task trying to persuade them otherwise.

Steve, you really need to contact your PCT and ask to speak with whoever deals with the decision making for funding. Plead your case (try not to lose your temper though ;) ) and explain to them exactly what has happened and the stage you're at in the process, that you're now ready to undergo surgery. If they still refuse, ask on what grounds they're refusing then go back to your Consultant and ask him to appeal on your behalf.

Nobody wants to see 19mths of yours and your team's time and effort go down the drain just to start over again, so fingers crossed they agree!

Last edited:
Back