• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone experienced this?

agreed claire to me its urgent, its one of the things on a list of things that i was given as examples for calling the emergency number.

Hope your ok crafty

Yes thanks, Tender, I'm feeling great in myself but when your not eating or drinking much you do get worried and so does my wife, however I'm sure I'm feeling a small improvement and when this damned yoghurt I tried to eat this morning eventually goes down I'll drink some warm water.
Many thanks for your concern :wavey:

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, I'd send a hug but would prolly infect you with my nasties so you'll have to have a wave instead :wave_cry: Take care

Very bad day today, food stuck almost all day, tried to eat 1/4 can of soup at 2pm and was really ill all afternoon till 7.00pm then I made myself sick and felt better, takes me an hour to drink a cup of warm water and even then it's uncomfortable in the chest area "swallowed a golf ball" effect.
Saw GP and he said I'm not dehydrated yet, but sip as much water as possible, also put me on antibiotics to heal up this infected scar,
Also rang Dr Hartlands and he spoke to me himself and asked me to come to the hospital tomorrow at 2.00pm.
So I'll see where I go from there.
I was doing really well up until Thursday as well.
:yuk::needhug:

Crafty it still could be nothing more then your body adjusting, but it is BETTER to be safe.

I remember walking in to the A&E and explaining about the bypass and the pain i was in and being whisked straight in, they cannot afford to take any chances after a gastric op is what i was told eventually by my surgeon

Crafty it still could be nothing more then your body adjusting, but it is BETTER to be safe.

I remember walking in to the A&E and explaining about the bypass and the pain i was in and being whisked straight in, they cannot afford to take any chances after a gastric op is what i was told eventually by my surgeon

Yes Tender, he didn't hesitate to see me quickly and that worries me even more, but I'm sure there's a blockage of some kind, anyway we'll see tomorrow.
Thank's:)

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, I'd send a hug but would prolly infect you with my nasties so you'll have to have a wave instead :wave_cry: Take care

Thanks Brunetteandred, Are you poorly then, I didn't know, sorry to hear that. get well soon won't you.;)

Very bad day today, food stuck almost all day, tried to eat 1/4 can of soup at 2pm and was really ill all afternoon till 7.00pm then I made myself sick and felt better, takes me an hour to drink a cup of warm water and even then it's uncomfortable in the chest area "swallowed a golf ball" effect.
Saw GP and he said I'm not dehydrated yet, but sip as much water as possible, also put me on antibiotics to heal up this infected scar,
Also rang Dr Hartlands and he spoke to me himself and asked me to come to the hospital tomorrow at 2.00pm.
So I'll see where I go from there.
I was doing really well up until Thursday as well.
:yuk::needhug:

Sorry to hear that, John.
Let's hope the doc will sort you out tomorrow.

sorry that you are still suffering John. I would concentrate on trying to keep fluids up and forget about eating if that is possible. Keep trying the warm drinks as the others have suggested. Hope Dr Hartland can reassure you when you see him this afternoon.

Please keep us posted. x

Hiya everyone, well I saw Dr Hartland this afternoon and I feel much happier.
But first let me tell you about today, at 5am I started a warm cup of water and at 7.30am I had drank half of it and was in discomfort, so I stopped drinking, the discomfort lasted until 11.00am and because I'm desperate to get liquid down me I tried a cup of hot Bovril and it went down a treat, no problems at all.
Weird isn't it? :confused:

OK Dr Hartland said that I may have something stuck in my pipes or I've eaten something that has irritated the pouch or gut and caused it to swell and when this happens it can take some days to heal, however because I'm not drinking he needs to find the cause.

First they're going to do a Barium Meal to look for something that might be stuck, the department is going to ring me tomorrow with the appointment.

If nothings stuck then they will put a camera down my throat to find the cause of the problem, they can use a device down my throat to remove stuck food items and the same kind of device can be used to open up swollen and closed pipes.

He doesn't really want to do any of this because it's so soon after my op and the pipe work hasn't healed yet so he's reluctant to go shoving things down there.

He told me to keep trying the Bovril and if it goes down OK then stay at home, otherwise he wants me to be re-admitted to go on a drip.

I was pleased to hear him say it won't require another operation and that I wasn't the first to have this problem.

I got home and I've drank another Bovril and a cup a soup.:bliss:

Just thought I'd let you all know :party0051: :thankyou:

glad your appointment went well Crafty, but more importantly I'm glad you are managing to get some fluid down.

So glad that you have found something that you can manage to drink, maybe the salts in the bovril are helping heal the irratated tubes.

Even so its good to know your surgeon is on top of the problem and ready to step in if you need a helping hand

Back