• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain , Pain , Pain

sarahss15

I had a gastric bypass in Sept. Yesterday after lunch, I had this terrible burning pain in tummy. I was bent over double. It must have gone on for over 4 hours. I can't eat or drink without this burning pain. It comes and goes like a spasm almost. I don't know how to describe it. It was worse than labour. At least you get a break inbetween contractions! I am wondering if i have an ulcer. Its Monday today and can't see consultant until Weds. I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance yesterday. I have never experienced anything like it. The pain is just in tummy. I have no pains in my sides or shoulders or chest. I am so tired. I just could not lay down or stand yesterday so its all catching up with me today. My little tum is rumbling. I did try some milk but after 4 mouthful this burning starts again. Has anyone else had this? I am on fast tabs. I really don't know if I am allowed to take painkillers. I am frightened to really. I just don't know what to do..help :cry:

Sarah, I'm really sorry that I can't help you as I'm a pre-opper.... I just couldn't bear the thought of you being so frightened...

Could you ring your GP/out of hours Dr, or NHS direct or something to ensure your ok.

Hope you get it sorted out soon. xx

This doesn't sound good, i wouldn't wait until Wednesday, get yourself up to a&e.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Best to get it checked out hon. No point in being in pain for days and I'm sure your team would rather know about it.

:grouphugg::grouphugg:

Hope you get sorted out soon hun

Take Care

Andy x

Go get yourself to A&E!! better to put your mind at rest hun and if your scared it will tense your tummy up more
((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Back