• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone experienced this?

Hi Craftyfox
I am glad that you are getting it all sorted, your Dr sounds good.
Lets hope you wont need to be admitted or have the invasive prodding !
Keep up the bovril and hope you are feeling top soon
Helen
x

Hi Crafty
just caught up on your story. Sorry you've not been too good but your surgeon sounds fab and am sure he will soon get you sorted. xx

Thank's one and all for your kind wishes:sign0168:

Quick update: It's 10.30am and so far I've had a cup of Bovril, cup of coffee, glass of warm diluted orange juice and a cup of rooibos tea all without a problem.
The hospital phoned me and the xray is to be 3rd March so I've plenty of time to see how things go and gradually introduce other food and drinks before hand.
I'm very pleased and very relieved.
So thank's all, for the advice and kind words, love you all.

Crafty John. ;)

so glad to hear that the fluids are going down OK crafty. You had me worried there for a bit.

Hiya everyone, well I saw Dr Hartland this afternoon and I feel much happier.
But first let me tell you about today, at 5am I started a warm cup of water and at 7.30am I had drank half of it and was in discomfort, so I stopped drinking, the discomfort lasted until 11.00am and because I'm desperate to get liquid down me I tried a cup of hot Bovril and it went down a treat, no problems at all.
Weird isn't it? :confused:

OK Dr Hartland said that I may have something stuck in my pipes or I've eaten something that has irritated the pouch or gut and caused it to swell and when this happens it can take some days to heal, however because I'm not drinking he needs to find the cause.

First they're going to do a Barium Meal to look for something that might be stuck, the department is going to ring me tomorrow with the appointment.

If nothings stuck then they will put a camera down my throat to find the cause of the problem, they can use a device down my throat to remove stuck food items and the same kind of device can be used to open up swollen and closed pipes.

He doesn't really want to do any of this because it's so soon after my op and the pipe work hasn't healed yet so he's reluctant to go shoving things down there.

He told me to keep trying the Bovril and if it goes down OK then stay at home, otherwise he wants me to be re-admitted to go on a drip.

I was pleased to hear him say it won't require another operation and that I wasn't the first to have this problem.

I got home and I've drank another Bovril and a cup a soup.:bliss:

Just thought I'd let you all know :party0051: :thankyou:

Is all still going well with the fluids today, John?

Is all still going well with the fluids today, John?

Yes very well thank you WW. I've drank several coffees, Bovril, green tea, a full mug of milk coffee and a rooibos tea, all without a problem.
Tomorrow I'm going to try some sensible mushy stuff.

Thank's for your enquiry. :happy096:

I'm glad things are looking a bit better for you John, hope it sorts itself out totally. You poor thing, sending you a big squidgy hug. x

I am so glad things are settling down for you John, keep us informed and have plenty of rest

Back