• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone gone to Belgium?

Daisyhappy!

Hi all,
I've been doing a lot of thinking and I rang the provider i was initially going to go with today to ask a few questions. I'm not 100% happy with what they offer for 8k! Whereas there's a clinic here in Dublin that do the op in Belgium for 5k and 150 per fill.
I'm not sure what to do, the surgeon in Belgium is Chris de Bryurn.

hi hun, both me and my fiance went to belgium with Dr Marc Foquet from surgical obesity solutions.

we had our consultation in london( he also has a clinic in dublin)

and we travelled to belgium had the op for 4k.

then we have our fills and aftercare back in london (or dublin) for £80 .

5950 surgery n aftercare all local to me-and it's 3 yr aftercare too!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi

Jo used the same company as me WLS Group, you will find all the info you need re prices etc on their website x

Daisyhappy! said:
Hi all,
I've been doing a lot of thinking and I rang the provider i was initially going to go with today to ask a few questions. I'm not 100% happy with what they offer for 8k! Whereas there's a clinic here in Dublin that do the op in Belgium for 5k and 150 per fill.
I'm not sure what to do, the surgeon in Belgium is Chris de Bryurn.

Hi daisyhappy, I've gone with the wls group and am going to belgium on Tuesday to have my op Wednesday. It's cost me £4895 including aftercare for 3 years so may be worth looking into!

Let us know how u got on, I was tempted to do this as saved £1k but chickened out in the end and used the hospital 30mins away from me. At least ur getting the after care which is essential to ur success!! x

Good luck. Wishing u a speedy recovery xx

Good Luck Im considering Belguim aswell if I dont get any joy with my doctor.

Hi everyone, I'm back from belgium and band complete! In a bit of pain and feeling pretty miserable to be honest, beginning to have regrets, is this normal?

hi Patricia, yes, what you're feeling is perfectly normal. Lots of people say they feel regret for a couple of weeks, but once the pain goes and you start eating properly and losing weight it all comes into its own :) good luck honey, hope you feel better soon, dont forget your windeze and to sip sip sip, mwah :) xxx

Be patient, I was 10 days out before I picked up, had to force bits of liquid down me etc as didn't want anything and was sore and had trapped gas in left shoulder. Trust me in 2wks u will be a new woman!!!!! Just for now rest n listen to your body...it is completely worth it in the long run xxx

Caren said:
hi Patricia, yes, what you're feeling is perfectly normal. Lots of people say they feel regret for a couple of weeks, but once the pain goes and you start eating properly and losing weight it all comes into its own :) good luck honey, hope you feel better soon, dont forget your windeze and to sip sip sip, mwah :) xxx

Hi caren, am I allowed windeze even though I'm on the liquid diet?

JO28172 said:
Be patient, I was 10 days out before I picked up, had to force bits of liquid down me etc as didn't want anything and was sore and had trapped gas in left shoulder. Trust me in 2wks u will be a new woman!!!!! Just for now rest n listen to your body...it is completely worth it in the long run xxx

Thank you Jo, I'm supposed to be going back to work Tuesday, I don't think I can if I still feel like this :-( I am resting loads however and everyone on here has been so helpful, thank you so much x

Yes use the chewable ones it makes a huge difference. Also pepermint tea. Emotion all over the place is 100% normal mainly due to the anesthetic so don't u worry. Moved about little and often helped me a lot. I am 3 weeks post op now and feel great. My health already improved and lost over 25 pounds in 3 months and over 15 since op so well worth it. Xxx

Back