• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has This happened to anyone JUST AFTER SURGERY??

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi,

a question for anyone whos had surgery after any kind really...
Has anyones arms felt really heavy and quite painful and hard to move about ?
I presume its wear the injections etc put to make u sleep etc.
I can move my hands and wiggle fingers,but it so hurts to move my arm,it just wont move about.
I rung my ward up last nite,and they said to take pain killers,and see how it is in morning.

has anyone suffered with this?

xxx

I don't know what that would be hun I'm afraid. But I hope it gets better.

I know I had a massive bruise on the back of my arm after surgery. I think it was from when they pull you around from table to bed - so maybe they hurt your arm then?

Hi Emma-Louise, my op is 3 weeks today so I can only comment on previous joint surgeries (4)
The pre-op drugs do leave you feeling sluggish & lethalgic for a while, but the pain should be easing off by now with the prescribed medication. I would definitely get them to check it out if it persists for another 24hrs., if only to strengthen the pain-killers!
Hope you start to feel a lot better soon - Paul x

It could be the gas stuck up round your shoulders, radiating down your arms. Try some peppermint tea, gripe water, or deflatine, and try to keep moving x

I was going to say it could be gas, but also have you been sleeping on your back?? I found that hanging you arms by your side makes them ache, sont know why but what I do is put a pillow either side of my body to rest my arms on, and that helped.......

Hope you feel better soon
Hugs

hope you feel better soon em, hun. what pain meds are you one, i have been thinking about you, but dont want to mither you, thats why i havent texted. love n hugs x

I didnt have that, but I did have pain in the shoulder for a while.

Hope you get sorted soon hun. xx

Yes I felt that way for a few days. Both my arms were really swollen and bruised though. I hope this settles soon lovey.

Back