• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has your brain caught up with your new body ?

Paula1975

I'm now 15 months out, size 12-16 depending where i shop and whether its tops or bottoms, still bigger up top. Great feeling having lost the weight so far, when i look or pass a mirror i think wow i've done well, but still think big. Even still moving up on a bus seat for example

I am at the same stage as you, 15 months out, 10 dress sizes down, and still can't get my head around that I'm in smaller sizes ... I think it will take an awful long time, because I've spent my whole life overweight . . .

Me too .

With it being school play season it's a struggle to not ask for an end of row seat so one cheek can hang over the edge!!

Nope. My brain is so far behind. Going to the cinema for the hobbit in a couple of weeks and I could feel the usual panic rising at the prospect of squashed in seating etc. Our daughter is booking seats so yesterday I reminded her not in the centre, preferably with no seats in front and an aisle for me please. I don't ask a lot do I hehe. She looked at me as if I was crazy lol and reminded me that I have kind of shrunk now. Old habits etc etc

I'm just over a year post bypass and my head is so far behind my body. I don't see what everyone else see's. I think people are lying when they say "but your so tiny".

I find it really hard to accept compliments, as I still feel I'm bigger than I actually am. I buy the wrong size clothes all the time and if I'm perfectly honest, when I look in the mirror I don't recognise the person I see. I feel like an alien who's using this body as a host.

I'm so concerned and disturbed by my thoughts and how I see myself I've just requested a referral to psychology.

I'm just over a year post bypass and my head is so far behind my body. I don't see what everyone else see's. I think people are lying when they say "but your so tiny". I find it really hard to accept compliments, as I still feel I'm bigger than I actually am. I buy the wrong size clothes all the time and if I'm perfectly honest, when I look in the mirror I don't recognise the person I see. I feel like an alien who's using this body as a host. I'm so concerned and disturbed by my thoughts and how I see myself I've just requested a referral to psychology.

Oh i'm like that, always have been, but just can't get used to it. I was thinking about cbt, maybe that would help

Back