• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

11 months in . . 10 stone gone, under 200lb, less than 50lb to go. . .I LOVE MY BAND

top_kat

In the words of the song . .

They'd never believe it,
If my friends could see me now!
What a step up! Holy cow!
They'd never believe it...
They'd never believe it,
If my friends could see me now

Today, is weigh in day for me.

And I need to celebrate and share this with people who will truly understand the need to celebrate, who will understand just how different life can be after weight loss surgery.

But today, my weight in day, I have hit a 10 stone loss on the nose.

In August last year I weighed in at this time on my consultation at 24 stone. I had my surgery on the 23rd, so am 3 weeks off my surgeriversary

But today, having lost 5lb this week, have hit my 10 stone loss. Right on the nose and weighing in at 14 stone dead.

I've now dropped below 200lbs. I've not got less than 50lb to go until target (although that target is pushing it lol)

But, while it would have been nice to have lost even 1/4lb more so I could have said "I'm in the 13's" I need to celebrate and reflect. (Yes I know, sometimes enough is never quite enough lol - something else I'm still having to work on)

Life, is no longer just about muddling through. It's about LIVING. Something I don't think I've truly done for so very long. My band, has given me that chance, it has given me the life I've not had.

My target within my first year was 6 stone going on the 1-2lb a week and going on the average patient loses 50-60% of their excess weight...

Well I'm just chuffed that I've beaten that by miles but I'm also now under the 50lb left to go mark too!!

And wait for it . . .in 8 days time I have a date lol my first in about 8 years if not more. :p :candledinner: and it makes me feel like I'm 16, and that I don't have to worry about what he will think of me being a plus size 32, 34 or 36 which is where I was at my heaviest this time last year.

:sign0151:

I don't need to worry about my weight (just the awful loose skin! and that is another issue that I'm having to learn to deal with ) but that is a HUGE change for me! I feel excited, but more so, I feel ALIVE

:talk017:
And in 2 weeks we return to turkey on holiday which when we last went to this resort my weight was still on the up and I was about 20+ stone.

Thanks to Anna my band, who will be 1 year old in just under 4 weeks, I not only feel alive, but I am LIVING and for that I will always be thankful. Doing the things with my son I've missed out on, and finally not being the fattest parent. My son was my motivation and continues to be.

Each lb lost is a bonus especially as my restriction is so minimal I could eat what I did pre band in foods and quantity but live by my mantra "just because I can doesn't mean I should"

And while it isn't easy and there are days it can be incredibly hard I LOVE MY BAND

I only wish that my Mum were here to share in this with me, I know that she would have supported me every step of the way. Losing her made me realise life is too short, although it took me several years to really see that I needed to make changes to my own life, and in that time had put on another 4 stone.

I've fallen in love with my gym workouts, I've done 13 out of the past 15 days, swimming and I've just bought my first size 12 top. Just fitted into a pair of 16 bottoms (altho they were stretchy lol) and I still carry my weight around my stomach so I knew it would take time to get rid of that, but I have always been big, I now weigh less than what I did at 18.

All my life I've been bigger than I am now.

I have never known what it is to be "slim" even at school . . . and in the words of the song

"They'd never believe it,
If my friends could see me now!
What a step up! Holy cow!
They'd never believe it...
They'd never believe it,
If my friends could see me now"

Even I can hardly believe it lol

And to those who weren't friends, to those who bullied me at school they can
:kissass:
:kissass:

except its a lot smaller than it was ;) :8855:

Just wow. To achieve that with a band is incredible. Well done :)

So thrilled for you Kat - you are a wls inspiration of mine. You have done amazingly regardless, but when you also consider you have little restriction your journey is nothing short of outstanding. Enjoy every precious moment with your son - I bet he is dead chuffed! And enjoy your date! I'm sure you'll get that less than 50 lbs off :)

Wow just wow :)

Aw well done hun. Im sure your mum would be so proud of what you have achieved.

Hope the date goes well x

You are a true inspiration Kat and if I ever feel this pre op gets tough I will just read this post... It is so full of positiveness and reminders of why I am doing this... Don't need a date though I have old faithful hahaha.... But seriously hun you have done amazing and wish you all the best with your new date :) x

Well done Kat, I can see the smile in your writing! How exciting to reach such a massive target, there is no doubt that with your determination you will reach your ultimate goal. Good luck with your date.

Absolutely fantastic xx

Fantastic news, you have done incredibly well and I hope you are shouting it from the rooftops. x

well done and congratulations hun I remember the sense of achievement so well , great inspiration for pre op banders

Well done hun, you've earned every single pound. Hope you have a great time on your date x

Well done Kat! How amazing! Good luck on your date! I think you should upload done inspirational pics! :) hehe I hope Sally, my band, will take me to where you are

Xx

Thank you everyone, for the words and also the good luck wishes for my date LOL

Hollie - I will upload some pictures, but I noticed the other day on the ones I've had taken at regular intervals I am still wearing loose fitting clothes, in the last one a full maxi dress, so I don't actually look smaller :(

Going to find something more "fitting" and get some taken and then I will upload some for sure :) will get my son taking some pics today, to celebrate my 10 stone loss. And as I've been carb free this week, Ive just treated myself to a low fat yoghurt LOL

Well done top-kat, ur weight loss journey is such an amazing experience. All the best in more to come. And for those who did not believe you I am sure they can see your results. You are such an inspiration to most banders.

Well done top-kat, ur weight loss journey is such an amazing experience. All the best in more to come. And for those who did not believe you I am sure they can see your results. You are such an inspiration to most banders keep up.

thank you everyone, I'm so chuffed to have reached tip his point, and altho I know it was an overly well sized item of clothing, I picked up a lace jacket in primark today and its a size 8 lol

You have done amazing with your band, i hope i can have the same success with mine. Yea i would like to see some pics of you too :O) x

Back