• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

has your experience inspired family?

Paula1975

i saw my mum dad n nan yesterday got positive comments(which is unusual from dad), but i'm hoping i have inspired my mum to do something about her weight. i worry about her. and she even said now i wont end up like her, hoping this has maybe started her thinking. she said she even struggles to get socks to fit as the cut into her ankles.

Not immediate family as i am the only one who was big, but my cousin is on her journey through the system now, she and I have always battled together with our weight. Also a friend who has severe health problems is due to see the surgeon soon, and another lady I have known since I was a child but who is much bigger than I ever was, I told her all about my op and encouraged her to go and ask for a referral, she is now well under way and so happy about it. All these people sat back to see whther I was sucessful and whether I could cope with it. Hopefully your mum will have the courage to get herself some help too. x

I hoped it would my mum too. I'm now slightly smaller than her but it hasn't seemed to change her way of eating (but to be honest I'm not sure it would have the other way round, I was too far gone without help) but I keep hoping it will as she has diabetes, high blood pressure and cholestral. I'm terrified of losing her but I know she has to make the decision to make a change herself and me pressuring her would do no good, it never did for me, in fact it made me eat more sadly. I hope it does inspire your mum :) x

It wont inspire my family, they are all bloody perfect. I'm wondering when I see them all this Christmas as a thin person what they will choose to be-little and ridicule me with now they can't use the fact that I'm fat. Will be interesting and I wait with baited breath.

Kate x

even someone at work says the very few that know ive had this done, says u inspired me...yet he has fast food for lunches etc, and does nothing about it, hes even been offered wls

It wont inspire my family, they are all bloody perfect. I'm wondering when I see them all this Christmas as a thin person what they will choose to be-little and ridicule me with now they can't use the fact that I'm fat. Will be interesting and I wait with baited breath.

Kate x

Such a shame you have to see them. I understand where you are coming from, I've got to spend the day with my sister on Christmas day and basically I rather do anything else. So much so that apart from Christmas day I shall be working the rest of the time so I don't have to deal with it. Best of luck to you, you have done fantastically and no matter what they say, they can't take that away from you xx

Not inspired my family but certainly my friends, I haven't told many of the skinny ones, but I have told some of the tubby ones who would benefit. I have had mixed results to my confession. One lady said she could never go the operation route as she is frightened of operations. Another would like to but is frightened to ask.

I told everyone. And I have been lucky in that people are honestly curious. Many don't realise that we still have to diet, given the way wls is portrayed in the media. I have only one person whose been negative and she is big, not as big as I was, but now apparently i am half her size. The silliest question I've had was from my mum. She asked me what if she paid for a personal trainer - then I wouldn't have to have the op. Most people around me seem to get it now and they've got a bit bored because its all I ever talk about :D

Back