• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have finally got my date!!!

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hi everyone
Just to say that I phoned the hospital this morning, and have been given the date of Monday 12 July for my operation. This is exciting and scary news as I have been trying to get the surgery for four years, have been turned down twice for funding,:cry: but it all seems to be going in the right direction at last.:553:
I would like to thank every single one of you wonderful people on this site for all the support you have given me in the past, and I know that you will be my support network during my pre op and after my surgery.
As with everyone who has been in this position, I am sure, I am feeling so nervous and scared, and just hope I come through the surgery ok.
I shall have plenty of questions to ask as the date approaches, and thank you all in advance as I know someone here will be able to answer these for me, as you have done in the past.
I am still rather shell shocked that I now know my date, which will hopefully be the start of my new healthier life, albeit at 53 lol ;).
Thank you all from my heart, wish me luck xxxxxxxxxxx

So pleased for you Jan. You deserve it after all the mucking around you've had. Your waiting time is nearly over x

Really good news, you deserve it hun.....Im sure you will be fine even though you will be nervous....good luck X

really pleased for you congratulations :D

Hi Jan!

What great news:talk017:!!!!!! I am so pleased after such a long wait you've finally got a date!!!!! And not long to wait either....these next few weeks will go by in a blur of preparations & pre-op diet....:woohoo:
Congratulations!!!! xxxx

ditto, it's the news we all hope for, tis the start of pre-op countdown now ;)

:bliss::bliss::bliss:
Wooo I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you, you soooooooo deserve this xx
I cant tell you how excited I am for you xx
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy hehehehehehe
Steph xx

That's brilliant news Jan - I'm so pleased for you ! We'll be with you every step of the way... xx

Go Jan Go Jan WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!! :happy096::happy096:
I feel i've made a great friend, even though its hard for us to meet up again, but i will try my best once i've had my op to get someone to bring me to a Bospa meeting or just to see you........Jan your be fine, lots a love xxxxxxxxx

Hi Jan,
So pleased to come on here and see this news. I'm so so happy for you!!
xx

Just want to say thanks everyone for your kind comments, you have no idea how much they mean to me, and how much I need them right now :hug99:
I have been researching this op for what seems forever, probably about 6 years, and never thought it would ever happen for me :(
BUT, in just over 5 weeks time, I shall at last be having that chance of finally losing some of this weight which has crept on since having my four children (and three grandchildren, although technically I don't suppose they count towards my weight gain lol ;) )
I am so blessed to have you as my friends, (especially you Emma), and would love to meet you all individually to say thank you, but that is a bit impractical lol. However, if any of you lovely people ever come down to Cornwall, I would love to meet up for a coffee (no ice cream or pasties any more ;))
Take care everyone, I seem to be on this site constantly so no doubt you will be hearing more from me soon, sending lots of hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxx

Absolutely fantastic news Jan, couldn't happen to a nicer person... 5 weeks will fly by, try not to look at the calendar it goes even faster xxx

It would be great of we could organise a date so all of us down this way could meet for coffee and a chat....maybe a Saturday or Sunday morning, as I work work during the week?
I've got a 7 seater so can always pick up those who need a lift.....

Oh Jan I am so pleased for you. I know I cant stop you worrying as I worried, but you know I am a wee bit older than you and I sailed through the op and am doing fab now.

Just do everything they tell you and you will be fine. If you can start some walking to get yourself a little fitter even if it is for 5 mins that will help. I was sort of muscle fit, but not aerobic fit as I got out of breath and I am sure that helped me.

Also the pain relief is so good you dont even know you have had an op.

Good luck hun and fire away with any questions.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

I am so pleased for you Jan after all this time. You will be 2 weeks ahead of me so I shall be watching your journey to see what I might come across.

Jan, you made me cry :cry:! My daughter has her friend staying the night & i think they thought i'd lost the plot :8855: ha ha, i had a horrible row with my dad today which put me on a complete downer & you have just cheered me up no end reading your last post, so yes it was happy tears, love ya :D xx

:bliss:Fab news! Hope the time goes swiftly xx:bestwishes:

Back