• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I made the right decision

Retfordmag

Got my pre op assesment on Wednesday and beginning to think I have made the wrong choice :cry:

I have chosen a bypass due to my sweet tooth, but for reasons I cannot explain I think I should have chosen sleeve.

Its probably just me having last minute nerves

We all have pre op wobbles, you chose the bypass for a very good reason. Good luck with your appointment x

You will be fine you know I wasn't really given a choice, the consultant his lead nurse told me they would reccommend a bypass because of my age, the way i eat and exercise, they thought it would best suit my lifestyle, the bypass is the very one my husband didn't want me to have, I made him come to the next meeting to ask questions so that he knew why and what it would mean, we agreed to it and from there we went on to the log awaited op. I personally have only really suffered with constipation it hasn't been as bad as we thought my husband has been very surprised and i would reccommend it to any one. xx don't stress xx

I considered the sleeve, but for some reason it made me feel more nervous than the bypass. Plus the bypass suited stopping my grazing on cake and biscuit type items.

You will be fine, honest. And are very normal :)

Good luck at your pre op :)

If you have a sweet tooth, are a grazer and also have large portions if food at mealtimes then bypass us for you, but at pre op ask them all questions you may have ( I took a list lol) x

:flirt2:
If you have a sweet tooth, are a grazer and also have large portions if food at mealtimes then bypass us for you, but at pre op ask them all questions you may have ( I took a list lol) x

YOu been out on one of your dates yet missy? Hope so and if you have, hope you had a great time. My sister and her friend used to say if we get slim we will not speak to anyone who didn't give us the time of day when we were bigger and the people they like you could write down on the back of a postage stamp, they are both much slimmer now and live, sleep and breathe ww, it has taken over their lives, but one has remarried and the other has a longterm partner now and there are alot of people they don't bother with because of the old days of hurtful jibes. xx THink it was you taliking about dates the other day if not then disregard this xx

Lmao it was me Chrisa and no not yet - not mustered up the courage for a date but chatting to them all. I will do and I think it will be the guy that's my old flying instructor, we have heaps in common he's known me since I was thirteen (hes 12 years older) and we've had a fantastic date before, the school friend will forever be a friend, and the electric guy freaked me out a bit texting when he'd cone to see me as a professional (how many more ladies has he done the same to!!) Xx

mayamoo said:
Lmao it was me Chrisa and no not yet - not mustered up the courage for a date but chatting to them all. I will do and I think it will be the guy that's my old flying instructor, we have heaps in common he's known me since I was thirteen (hes 12 years older) and we've had a fantastic date before, the school friend will forever be a friend, and the electric guy freaked me out a bit texting when he'd cone to see me as a professional (how many more ladies has he done the same to!!) Xx

Sounds like a good plan to me!! :D come fly with me ;) nice!

Hope you are over your last minute wobble, honey ... :) didn't know they offered the sleeve at Sheffield anyway so that should simplify things for you, lol :) Good luck for Wednesday :):) xx

I didnt have a sweet tooth pre op but now do!And I could grage all day if I wanted to.I have upped the carbs like crazy and fight it every day.Thank god for restriction,but I do struggle not eating bread and biscuits,cakes,danish,scones,pastries.I have to physically get bacon and egg in of a morning to fill up before the toast calls me!No one said it would be easy.

I think it may be a bit of pre op nerves. I want to get back to being a slimmer me, the way I was in my early 20s. I know even with op it will be a long slog, but all you 'losers' are an inspiration

Retfordmag said:
I think it may be a bit of pre op nerves. I want to get back to being a slimmer me, the way I was in my early 20s. I know even with op it will be a long slog, but all you 'losers' are an inspiration

That's it. Keep your eyes on the prize :)

Back