• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having cravings for chocolate!

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me or tell me if this is normal?

I am 9 weeks post op.

Over the last few days those old familiar cravings for chocolate have returned so far I have not give in tbh it is more for the fear of dumping. Which is something thank god I have not yet experienced as I am not good with any kind of pain or sickness.

Just wondered what I can do about this or if this is normal.

On a positive note though started swimming this week and enrolled in the gym on my own normally need someone for moral support.

I lost 3lb this week that is a total including the 10lb loss on the pre op 5st 5lb downwards and onwards I guess lol ;)

Jojo

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am four months out now and do crave chocolate at times. My "treat" is an options hot chocolate drink, (I buy the sachets) they come in all sorts of flavours and are very low in carbs and sugars and taste divine with added milk (more protein) Maybe you could try one of these? x

My treat is a chocolate Snack a Jack. Satisfies my craving nicley !

i never ate choc before my op.but got a cravin for it after,,theres cadburys light choc mousse that we can have ,really low cal,,i add it to my ready brek for a choc fix,,,,try it its yummy x,

I agree an options hot choc will usually do it but some times if the month I have 2 squares of lindt 70% dark choc and that does it for me!

i buy tiny little bars of hersheys special dark choc - asda do a pack of 8 bars - they're in the fridge for whenever I really need a bit

tink1974 said:
i buy tiny little bars of hersheys special dark choc - asda do a pack of 8 bars - they're in the fridge for whenever I really need a bit

I like chocolate every now and then (I am pre op) but if I had chocolate in the fridge I would not be able to ignore its screams for attention lol
I am hoping that changes post op ;)

No change post op. its all still a Mind game :( grrrrrrr!

Back