• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im the one that the op wont work for

tray

i wish to god i had never ever had this bloody op done., ok yes i have lost 2 stone since the op but that is ALL, im comming up to 10 weeks now and for 5 weeks i havent lost a thing... not even any inches now, in fact i have put an inch on round my stomach, this op was a waste of time, and i put myself through hell for it . but for what . yes and if any one thinks im feeling sorry for myself then i dont give a damn coz i feel like crap, and im so depressed, that from now on i am going to eat all the bloody wrong foods just because i can .. i was happier before i had the op. ok my health wasnt that good but oh well were all going to die one day . maybei should of stayed eating what i wanted and die when im meant to .. im not comming on here any more as im getting so down looking at everyone that is losing so much weight.... i wish you all a great journey, and hope you dont ever feel like i do ... life before bypass was so much better, i lost more weight in 10 weeks on bloody slimming world than i have on this,

Reactions: Bev
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont go.... wanted to put this up before i reply

Right babes, lets see how we can help you, 2 stone is a HUGE achievement and something to be proud of, your only 10 weeks post op, so you could still be very swollen inside, after a c section they say it takes up to a YEAR for the inside to heal, wls is far more extreme esp a bypass so i bet your very swollen still...... the other thing to ask yourself, yes you lost the same on sw BUT look it went back on, thats why you went for a bypass, the two stone you have lost with your bypass is GONE FOREVER never to be seen again, this is why you had it done sweets, this op is for your life and you may be slower than everyone else but you WILL get there, the only prob with sites like this is what you ve said you compare yourself to everyone else... were are all different and unique and lose weight differently your just doing it your way.......i think you have focused on losing weight so quick that you have allowed yourself to be in for a fall when in reality your a slower loser........... please dont say beeep it...... you ll just make yourself ill, maybe ring your team and see what advice they have?...... xxxx

Tray, it sounds like you could really do with some support now, so I hope you will reconsider your decision to leave.

Do you want us to look at what you are eating/drinking to suggest improvements? Are you in regular contact with your team? Are you feeling restriction?

Big hugs hunny. Sounds like you need them x

I wish I knew what to say Tray? I'm guessing you've spoken with yr team about this?

((( hugs ))) please don't leave us when you need the support the most. x

Oh Tray please dont go, you need to stay here and get some support hun...we may not be able to help you loose the weight any quicker but we might be able to support you when you need it and Im sure there are post oppers here who can help more with advice. As you know Im pre-op but I know its so hard not to compare to others and how fast some appear to loose weight but like Kelly says we are all different, please please please reconsider and let us try and help X (HUG)

my team are crap i left a message with someone a few weeks ago to get someone to call me as i was finding it hard. but still no phone call . i have phoned a couple of times but there always engaged so i give up. i have bipola and suffer with depression a lot . but im sick of not getting the help from my team .. ifeel like i have just been left to deal with it .. mentally and physicaly so all this is really getting to me . its not that i want to compare myself with others its just that when you go through this op you do want to see results . and after 5 weeks of not losing a thing you get very disheartned by it all. i have started walking a lot more and going to the gym twice a week but still noting i even have a strider at home i go on now and then ... so i have no idea what else im meant to do to kick start my weight loss again.

food today
1 slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter

2 crackers with dairy lea and prawns on them .
i pack of snak a jacks
i peach
1/2 a chicken breast with 1 potato, brocolli, gravey
i pack of crisps as i was out and wanted something to snack on .
1 coffee. 1 glass of milk , 2 glasses of nas juice

please sweetpea, put down now your avereage daily food/drink intake... and between all our great minds :)... we'll tweak and change a few things and hopefully you ll notice a change xx

your not drinking enough sweets!!!! more water get a sports cap and sip sip sip.....see the crackers and snack a jacks replace with more fruit! use fruit like grapefruit, oranges, pineapple is a massive fat burner...... snack on prawns but nothing else or bits of lean meat or sliced cold meats even up calcium with some dairylea spread in it, can you handle green tea?... this to boosts matabalism, i would swap your taost in the morning for a slower releasing food, like porridge or something this could then mean you ll drop one of the snacks your having ..... what you think? xxx

but dont leave were all in this together!!!

tray huni, its taken me since end of april to lose 3 stone. but at least its coming off, also i dont weigh myself, the last time i was weighed was at clinic last month. i may have lost a bit more by now, and ill probably weigh myself sometime this week. try not to get hung up on the actual nmbers, feel how much different you feel cos of all the proper food your eating. i really do feel for you huni, but nw is when you need all the support we can give you. hugs x

• Avoid simple carbs. Simple carbohydrates are highly processed foods such as white bread, pasta, sugar and white rice. The rule of thumb is this if it is white, it may be a simple carb. You are better off with more wholesome alternatives such as brown rice that contain fiber and nutrients that white rice does not. Simple carbohydrates can also elevate blood glucose levels, triggering hunger pangs and cravings.
  • Exercise. From the moment you are able to after surgery, exercise. Even if you can’t walk far or for very long, get started. Your results will be better, and you will be encouraged by how quickly your stamina improves as the pounds shed. Walking also helps prevent serious complications, such as pulmonary embolus and blood clots, if you start immediately after surgery.
  • Eat mindfully. No more eating while watching television. Focus on what you are doing when you eat, and stop the moment you feel full. Giving food your full attention will help you learn to say when and develop new healthier habits.
  • Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. This will help you feel more energetic, and it will prevent you from mistaking hunger for thirst. Many adults confuse the two sensations, so if you are well-hydrated, you won’t ever wonder if you are truly hungry.
  • Surgery won’t fix your life. Remember that surgery is a way to lose weight, but it is not a miracle fix for every problem in your life. Being thin won’t make your children clean their room without being asked, it won’t fix a bad marriage and it certainly won’t make your nosy relatives behave themselves. Be realistic in your expectations of life after surgery.
  • Say goodbye to caffeine. Caffeine is the most-used drug in the world, and it is a drug. Caffeine alters your mood, increases your heart rate and is a diuretic. If you drink caffeine, you will be working against your efforts to stay well-hydrated and increase your risk of a stomach ulcer.
  • Find healthful coping skills. If you need bariatric surgery, the chances are high that you used food as a coping mechanism for stress. It is time to find a new way to cope, whether it is exercise, reading a book, talking to a friend on the phone or whatever works for you other than eating.
  • Milk? Maybe. If you must drink calories, skim milk is an excellent option. Be aware, though, that many weight-loss surgery patients develop lactose intolerance after surgery, even if they didn’t have it before. Go easy on the dairy products until you know how your body will tolerate lactose.
  • Kiddie meals and doggy bags. Restaurant portions are going to be massive in comparison to your needs after surgery. Plan on taking food home or ordering a child’s portion. If you aren’t sure you can resist joining the clean plate club, divide an acceptable portion away from the meal and have the server remove the rest before temptation sets in.
  • Stop using straws. If you are going to drink, don’t use a straw. Straws not only allow you to drink too quickly, so you may end up with an uncomfortably full stomach, but they also allow air into the stomach that can cause serious discomfort.

Don’t drink calories. Your caloric intake will be very limited after surgery, which should help you lose weight. Don’t work against your surgery by taking in liquid calories that provide no nutrition and slow your weight loss. Make every calorie count by focusing on protein, fruits and vegetables.
Avoid sugar. Sugar is the ultimate empty calorie. Sugar will make your blood sugar climb, cause hunger pangs, provide no nutrients and, for patients of certain types of gastric bypass, cause dumping syndrome. Avoid sugar and any foods that list sugar in the first three ingredients, whenever possible.
Avoid carbonated drinks. The bubbly nature of carbonated drinks, such as soda, can cause gas pain and increase the pressure in your stomach, which can be harmful to staples and sutures, especially in the months immediately after your surgery.
Don’t drink fluids immediately before, during or after your meal. It is essential that you reserve the small amount of space you have in your stomach for high-quality, nutrient-rich food. Drinking before and during your meal will fill your stomach with fluid, instead of food, and drinking immediately after your surgery can “wash” food out of your stomach, making you feel hungry sooner. Separate food and fluid by at least a half an hour, whenever you can.
Keep your follow-up visits. After surgery, your progress will be closely monitored. Skipping appointments may mean that a nutritional deficiency, surgical complication or other issues may not be discovered in a timely manner. Also, appointments are a good motivator for staying on track with your goals.
Don’t stop taking any medications without your surgeon’s approval. Many diseases can improve with surgery and weight loss, but that doesn’t mean you should stop taking your medication. Talk to your physician prior to stopping any medications.
Don’t snack. Snacking is a habit that can slow your progress and hurt your long-term success. Stick to high-quality meals and avoid junk foods. If you are hungry, have a meal, but don’t snack between meals.
Protein, Protein, Protein! Protein should be your primary focus when sitting down for a meal. Not only will it help you maintain your muscle mass while losing fat, but it will also help you feel full longer after your meals.
Skip alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is full of empty calories that provide no nutritional value. It can also contribute to stomach ulcers, which you are already at risk for because of your surgery. Weight loss surgery also makes you more sensitive to alcohol than you were before, so a little goes a long way.
Chew and then chew some more. Chewing your food thoroughly is essential to preventing nausea and vomiting during and after your meal. Large chunks of food can have trouble passing through the digestive tract after surgery, and if it gets stuck along the way, it can cause pain.
Avoid pregnancy for the first 24 months after surgery. Your body will be in high weight-loss mode for at least a year after your surgery. During that time, supporting you and a baby would be unhealthy for you and disastrous for a developing fetus. If you are sexually active, use a reliable method of birth control, and consult your surgeon before attempting to become pregnant.
Find a support group. There are more than 140,000 people having weight-loss surgery each year, so people who have walked in your shoes are not hard to find. Not only do support groups offer emotional support, but they can also provide advice on the wide range of changes you are facing as you lose weight. Support groups are available in most areas that have a bariatric surgeon and are plentiful on the Internet.
Don’t take over-the-counter drugs without your surgeon’s approval. Over-the-counter drugs can pose risks after surgery that were not a concern prior to surgery. Pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen increase the likelihood that you will develop an ulcer. Remedies for constipation shouldn’t be taken without physician approval, as constipation can be a sign of complications or a need for a change in diet.
Listen to your body. Don’t eat if you aren’t hungry. Just because the clock says it is time for a meal, doesn’t mean you should eat one. Learn to listen to your smaller stomach and only eat when your body wants you to.

i hope this can help sweets and i realllllllllly hope even more you wont leave xxxx

Hi Tray,

I just want you to know that I am really thinking about you tonight and if there is anything at all that I could do to help you, I would be there...

You really sound like you have had enough and I can understand how that must feel if you are so frustrated with your weightloss to date...

I think you have done really well so far in terms of weightloss from your original weight.

Thank you for all the love and support you have given to me, but I really hope that we don't lose you... maybe you will feel better in a few days...

There are also lots of people who stall and maybe if you re arrange your eating plan it could kick start you off again...

Really hoping that you hang onto us love and keep in touch.... it's people just like you that make this forum and I'd be really sad to see less of you...

Love and hugs Tray,
Bev xxx

Tray, you know what i agree completely with a lot of what you are saying! You could be reading my story exactly. I've had about 5 weeks of staying the same and even one week having a 1lb gain.... I've done the slimming world diet and never felt so energised as i do now! Did you? Every week at weigh in i used to dread getting on the scales, used to pray to the lord to let me go for a No2 so i might weigh less, used to analyze every crumb/food i'd eaten which could possibly cause me to not lose and possibly gain... I don't do this no more, i have stopped weighing weekly and am going to go to my doctors every 6 weeks for a weigh in. In the meantime i won't worry i will just enjoy my food. This is what i suggest you do. Don't enjoy the food which is ''crap'' as this is not going to make you feel any better, in actual fact you will feel as crap as you do now...

It's hard not to feel disheartened, and i did worry i was the one, it was only recent comments from people that have made me realise i am not the one....

Get your head down and follow the rules strictly... Up your fluid intake and also post your food intake on here. It could in actual fact be a case that you are not eating enough and so your body is holding onto your reserves...

Keep posting what you are eating and listen to any advice that comes from people, don't leave and don't sabotage your fantastic results so far. And they are fantastic because i've seen your pictures...

Final thought of mine i will share with you. I have a few times felt envious of a friend of mines weight loss results as they have lost substantially more than me - but then i put it into perspective... My friend struggles to eat - has lost a lot of enjoyment of food too. I still loves me grub xx

ps, look for me on facebook for a chat xx

I don't know what to say Tray but I am so so sorry you are going through this ***t. I would feel just as crap in your boots.

I hope you stay and I hope our friends on here can help. But please, please phone your team again and make a noise. Or let someone else phone for you. I will if you want. But they are obligated to help you and they damn well should!

ok , i guess after reading all your comments, im going to try and drink a lot more and maybe eat more . i know it sounds daft, but i think if i dont eat i will lose weight, so i feel guilty when i do eat, i have even started making myself sick if i eat, as i want to lose the weight . i have had bulima for a very long time , but it did go away , even when i was on a diet i wouldnt make myself sick any more, but old habits are comming back . and i dont like the demons, i dont know why im sayng all this, as i keep what i have and what i have been through to myself, but maybe because this is just a web site, i feel i can open up on here, i am only going to weigh myself once every so many weeks and oh well if i dont lose i guess thats just how it goes . being bipolar makes you think irrationally, but when u have calmed down you then think , pull yourself together u fool,, you know u can do this ..... well fingers crossed i can do it and will start to lose the weight again xxxxx

Hi Tray, so sorry to here that you are going through a tough time at the moment with your weight loss. How disheartning you must be feeling with no weight loss for 5 weeks. I would feel just the same lovey if it was me. If its not enough that we have to wait a long time pre op then not to be losing the weight as quickly as everyone else. Kelly above has done an excellent account of the dos and donts which will really help me after my op. Please try to stick with your new eating habits now because you may become really ill if you dont. Surely you have to start losing weight again, because you must only be eating a fraction of what you used to eat. Try to be patient tray and im sure you will be jumping for joy before too long as the weight will have to show sometime. Ill be looking out for you when you are jumping for joy, wont be long now. Take care x

Good for you Tray, you sound in a better frame of mind already.....we are our own worst enemies, always trying to sabotage ourselves but now you are calming down you are making a better plan for the future ...... stay strong hun :D X

Back