• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im the one that the op wont work for

Tracey, I am still pre op, I've just read through all the posts, what more could I have added to all the lovely support and advice that has been given already eh. All I can say is hang in there, don't dissapear and look at all these lovely posts when you are feeling a bit low, they're wonderful ... good luck and loads of hugs ...

Tray sweety I've come on late tonight and just read your posts and wanted to send you the hugest possible hug. Kelly's given you some brilliant advice.

Tray I also wanted to admit that some times I feel a bit paranoid about what I'm eating too, and though I wouldn't throw up on purpose ( because I hate vomiting!) I do understand about wanting to restrict food intake. But it's not healthy sweetheart and we both know it. WE need to up the protein. Have you considered some protein shakes or the shots Linzi's been having? I think I'm going to try them.
Also seriously try to increase the fluids. I take a drink with me everywere and if it's not 1/2 hour before or after food then I'm drinking. I do think it's helping a lot.
Having said all that, my weight loss isn't that fast either and is obviously slowing down. Am I down-hearted? well yes, to be honest, I am a little. BUT like Julie says, I'm feeling more fit than I've felt in YEARS and also not craving food, which for me is just amazing. I know that coming on here really helps me such a lot, but also, I do compare myself and my weight loss to others and it is slower than other people's. I'm realising though, that comparisons (as Shakespeare says!) are odious! It's just not helpful. My journey's mine, yours is yours, Julie's is Julie's, etc, etc. We're no in a race. It probably took years to get his big, so so what if it takes a couple of years to get back to a 'normal' size? At least it will be always going down!
Finally, your before and after photos are amazing and though the scales may not be shifting as fast as you want, the photos don't lie. You honestly do look very different and lovely.
I just want to finish by sending more big hugs and I will be here to try the and encourage you in any way I can.
Charis xxx

tray huni, just a thought, but with the malabsorbtion that we have, could it also be that your not getting all your meds, it might be worth checking with you gp. you might need different amounts now. stick with it girl, you can do it, loads of hugs xx

morning sweets, hope todays feeling a better day?..... xxx

You tough birds...chicks...make me giggle...lol

Tracey...I for one are glad you have had a rant....
Its better to get this out in the open to people who truly understand...

I am disheartened by the lack of help from your team....
I would be on the phone every 5 mins until I got noticed by some one there...
I would also be asking your G.P for you to be sent locally to a dietitian (I know Ipswich is a bit of a distance from Luton)
Or at least offering you more help....
As I keep seeing on here,..don't give up...
Ask for help...either here or your G.p or team...
I haven't even had my op but I feel your frustration and I wish I could be more help in term of advise....
x x x x x x

i have talked to my dr and he is refering me to a dietician at my local hospital . i am very angry with luton . when i left a message with the woman at the obesity clinic, i told her i needed someone to call me asap, as i was finding it hard , but that was over 3 weeks ago now ... its wrong to be left like this . ok the op is meant to help, but when your brain is struggling you need that support, but my own dr has been really good ..... thanks again to you all for your support , im feeling better today andim going to write down everything i eat and drink from now on xxxxx

thats brill tray, makes it seem more easier to re read back over your day of what you ve had..... ((hugs)) it'll get easier xxx

Thank you for being so wonderfully honest Tracey...

Maybe me and you could be wls buddies? We could support each other but maybe without the pressure of asking how much weight we've lost so that it doesn't feel like a competition? Maybe we could have a chat every day or so on FB and see how we both are doing weight wise. I know my little picker habits are coming back and they need kicking to the kerb NOW!

I think we could help each other a lot :) What do you say? No pressure wls buds or what? Let me know via FB or PM on here, i hate rejection in public :) xxx

ps, whoever said you looked wonderful earlier was so not lying, you really do look bloody marvellous x

pps, did i put too many kisses on that thread? have i mentioned i only bat for one side? jeez i hope nobody thinks i'm hitting on you cos you look good :) :) xx

** mental note to self, stop with the kisses grrr x

ppps oh buggar!!!!:8855:
julie i love reading your post , you make me laugh , i do think my medication might be the probklem as even my hubby has said im getting low, i love the fact that eventho on this site we havent met but i feel like your all one big family. i have also decided im not going to worry about the scales any more . if ilose great if i dont oh well , im going to go on if my clothes are getting loser then thats a good sign. i was becomming so obsessed with weighing myself that it was taking over my life. ihave taken all the advice from you all and im so really really going to try and get in more fluids , its just i have never been a drinker . im never really thirsty .. but im going to try , thank you all again and i love you all lots xxxxxxxxxxxx you have been my life saver sorry if im being a bit dramtic but thats how i feel xxx and julie this is for you XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX but dont worry its not coz i fancy you ...lmao

Hope you are feeling much better today Tracey...
Love and hugs xxx

hi Tracey
im so sorry to hear youre feeling so low, i can totally understand why but as others have said each persons journey is an individual one and you WILL get there, as i said before your pics show how far youve come already you look fantastic, and so what if you're not losing as quickly as some others... look on the brightside, it may mean you have less loose skin to worry about as youre body is having a chance to keep up !!! ( i hope that didnt sound flippant).
I hope you keep your chin up and you WILL keep losing so be patient hun and you will get there
XX Dawn

Hi Tray, I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning and I'm glad you're still on the forum!

I had a call from my dietician yesterday and I explained to her that I was worried that after a great first week, the second and now the third week were really slow.

She told me that (especially after a big initial loss) your body says "Somethings going on! I better hold on to every calorie and bit of fluid I can!"
She says that this can happen on your 2nd week, your 8th, your 10th, your 50th......whenever. BUT, your body will soon sort itself out and the weight loss WILL start again.

This forum is amazing and so are all the wonderful people on here but there is a danger that we all compare ourselves to each other, when every journey is bound to be different.

Good luck, please keep us updated. Take care.

P.s. You look AMAZING in your pics.

Afternoon Tray, I hope you are feeling better today. You had a tough day yesterday (HUGS) Keep your chin up hun X

well i have a good day today, apart from to much work my brain is over loaded today ..lol

food eaten

1 babybell cheese

2 ryvita with dairy lea and prawns

i bar of choc due to low blood sugar, and hadnt eaten for several hours as i was busy at work,

2 egg omelette with ham, cheese, toms and peas,

handfull of mixed nuts and rasins

1litre of water and 2 coffees

oh and about 4 sherbet lemons ... bad girl .. but i have a sweet tooth for sweeties ..lol i had to stop or i would of had the whole bag ..lol

well any advice on anything else i should have today, then please let me know xxxxxx

Hiya Tray
I know we have spoken before about things, but I am feeling a bit like you, if I eat too much, I am not going to lose the weight! So I know for a fact I am not eating enough. Some days, well most actually, I have a rice cake for breakfast with a cup of tea, then another one for lunch probably, and a latte if I am out. Then for tea I will have a cup a soup with a cracker with some dairylea light on, then another cup of tea later. That is about all I have on a daily basis. I just can't seem to drink much, and am afraid of eating too large a meal as the scales won't move

Jan! You are going to starve.....Im pre-op but that doesnt sounds like a lot of food to me......You need to eat more I think X

i have talked to my dr and he is refering me to a dietician at my local hospital . i am very angry with luton . when i left a message with the woman at the obesity clinic, i told her i needed someone to call me asap, as i was finding it hard , but that was over 3 weeks ago now ... its wrong to be left like this . ok the op is meant to help, but when your brain is struggling you need that support, but my own dr has been really good ..... thanks again to you all for your support , im feeling better today andim going to write down everything i eat and drink from now on xxxxx

Thats the way Tray, well done you for weathering this blip. Keep onto them and demand help. Glad you GP is supportive,

Any time you want a chat PM me if you want.

Linski xxx

Hi Tray. I'm glad you're sounding more cheerful. Some comments on your food? Try to nip the chocolate and sweets in the bud. I know it's hard (not fo me I'd dump on a sniff of chocolate! but if you don't it must be!) but if your blood sugar's low, then cheese, milk etc is better and more healthy and not empty calories.
What do you have for brekky? Try to kick off your day with more? Maybe yoghurt and fruit? Take something like a babybel to work in case of low blood sugar, or a rice cake...something more healthy than choccy or sweets?

If you're going t ave a treat, maybe plan it and properly enjoy it rather than eat it as a knee-jerk reaction to a low blood sugar? (I used to do this all the time pre-op so I do get it completely)
and try even more fluid!
And please forgive me if I sound like a know-it-all, because I'm honestly making grand screw-ups with my diet all the time...but it's a learning curve.:)
Sending more hugs
Charis xxx

i have probs with my fluid intake aswell, so now i eat a lot of melon, it's a food full of water.

Hi Tray, don't give up now kidda, you've done well so far. Just because it is not as fast as you expected, just start to enjoy your food again like Julie said instead of focusing on the negative stuff. I am obsessive about food and my surgeon went into great length about this & being a Chef at my appointment. I only hope I can handle it, we shall see (op in 3 weeks). I am presently on a Level 3 Patisserie & Confectionary course and there's massive temptation there for another year, my 'devil' to deal with! I might be thinking the same of you in 6 months, but if I do, then I am going to have to handle it as best possible. I am not going to let the Bypass spoil my enjoyment of good food, I will still retain that passion but with the obvious vastly reduced portions. Best of luck anyway and whatever you decide, you know you will always have friends here on this site - Paul xx

thanks again guys,
the reason i had to have chocolate, was due to not having breakfast as i was to busy , and then had to go into work , and then town, as i was in town i felt like i was going to pass out my levels had dropped to low . and coz i cant drink fizzy with lots of sugar in it, i had to have the choc for the sugar, cheese or anything like that wouldnt of got my sugar levels up quick enough... i dont eat choc all the time only now and then . or sweets . its coz they were in my house thats why i ate them ... but normally there isnt anything like that around me, as i get to tempted to eat them ..i'm like a big kid where it comes to sweets ..lol

Back