• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having the gastric band

X Kelly X

Hi Guys

Just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Kelly, im 23 and from sussex.
Im 5ft 8 and weigh 20st! (size 24) :-(

Anyhoo after many years of failed dieting, i am selling my gorgeous car to pay for gastric band surgery.
I just wanted some info really if anyone here is from around sussex and paid privately- who you went to and how much it was.
Ive got a deal for one in maidtone kent (hours drive from me) for £4995 if i have my consultation and surgery before end of dec.
Just doing bit of window shopping looking around.
I dont want to go abroad for it and would prefer to stay in the UK.

So yeah thats me in a nutshell..... hiiii

Hi Kelly and :welcome: to WLS......Im a bypasser and Im from Manchester so I cant really help with your questions, just wanted to say hi :D Good luck XX

Hi Kelly welcome to the site. Im having a bypass but there are loads of banders on here, they will be able to help you lolxxxx

Hi there
I am a bander and had the op in June. I have lost over four stone and have been really pleased with my decision. I am in the west midlands but I chose spire who have hospitals everywhere. I have been pleased with the op and aftercare. Please do your research and dont just go for the cheapest although that is tempting. Aftercare is a key factor i think.
Ask anything you want as this site is fab
Best wishes
jO XX

wow Jo 4 stone - well done wots ur secret lol - welcome to the forum newby xx I was nhs and have no info for you soz

Thank you to everyone.
Jo can i be cheeky and ask how much you paid for your band at spire? I have a spire quite close to my home but trying to figure out money etc and hope my car will get what im asking for it, lol. x

welome to WLS>
i'm a sleever on nhs so can't help.

Welcome, sorry i can't advise as i'm a bypasser and nhs too....

Just wondering, have you tried the nhs route?

Hi Phatmomma
Yeah i have tried the NHS route but my doctor told me i should be happy with my size and just accept thats how my body wants me to be...
So i thought thats why im selling my car to pay for the surgery. :)
xx

go with what ever providor gives the best after care as after care is crucial to progress with banding, thats the best i can advise if going private x

Welcome Kelly to wls - I had a band fitted a month ago, I went private with The Hospital Group.
Prices do vary and they all seem to have special offers from time to time. The best thing you can do is go online and get as much information from as many as you can before you make an informed decision. Also look up the credentials of any surgeons you come across, just to make sure they are the right one for you.

Hope you find out what you want and good luck.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hi Kelly. I'm West Sussex too but i'm going for a sleeve. It's looking like i'm going to go private but my GP has filled in the form for private. It's worth looking at the St Richards (chichester) website as the forms are on there and your BMI means you'd qualify (you have to have been trying to lose weight or have extenuating circumstances). Once you get enough posts(50 i think) (do some word association games)then pm me.

Hi Kelly I had my band in June (NHS West Mids). As others posters have said please check on the aftercare package for your surgery. I believe that band fills if not included in your OP price can be quite expensive.

Good luck.

PS. If you meet the NHS criteria your GP's comments seem unfair. Is it worth trying another GP in the practice (from experience I know that 2 GP's within the same practice can have very different views on Weight Loss Surgery).:)

hi i had i band done at my local spire and i paied 6500 with a years after care they have been fab (had a few problems with the band its self) but the surgery and staff have been great! good luck with whoever you go with!x

Hi Kelly
I paid £6950 from spire and that has included 3 cousultant appointments which i can have whenever - even years in the future (providing the surgeon doesnt disappear!!) it includes three band fills under x ray monthly support from the bariatric nurse and dietician. There have also been many phone calls and a monthly support group. I have never felt on my own with this and the support I think has been a vital part for me. I have tried very hard with the diet and exercise but the weight is definitely coming off slower now. I didn't have a fill for quite some time (October) because the weight was still shifting but you still have to make good choices cos you can cheat.
Hope this helps
JO XX

Welcome and good luck chic xx

Welcome, im having a bypass/sleeve on the nhs so canmt advise sorry but were all here to help u on ur journeyx

Back