• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hayleybee

Hayleybee

Hi im a newbie! Just recieved a letter today saying i meet the criteria for wls! Next step is a bariatric group seminar on march 20th at Birmingham Heartlands. Is there anyone else on here that has had their wls at heartlands and can tell me what to expect? Xx

Just wanted to say hi and welcome, I had my bypass at Spire in Solihull but I know my surgeon does surgery at Heartlands

im under heartlands waiting surgery had seminar and surgeon meeting though the seminar is nothing to worry about just a chat about the different surgeries they offer etc

Hi Hayley bee
I'm haveing my bypass at heartland hospital too,the seminar is to explain different types of surgery and I seen the surgeon 2 weeks later he said there's about 18 weeks waiting list,I got my date on Friday for 21st March.All the staff seem really friendly there.Good luck.xx

hello you!

Hi thankyou for all your replies! Do you get to choose what surgery to have or do the surgeons decide for you? From what ive read so far im leaning towards the bypass. Also roughly how long have you all had to wait from seminar to date for surgery??

Hi thankyou for the replies! Can you choose which surgery you want to have or does the surgeon decide for you? From what ive read so far im thinking of going for the bypass. Also any ideas roughly how long do you have to wait from seminar to getting the date for surgery? How many more hoops do you have to jump through?? Ive had so many false starts due to being "forgotten" about and "slipping through the net"!

Hi I think you can give a preference of what you would prefer but the surgeon suggests what he thinks is best choice,at my seminar I was already put down for a bypass.i got surgeon appt 2 weeks after seminar then 16 weeks I got my date for surgery.xx

i saw surgeon on day of seminar and was told bypass or sleeve if liver dont shrink enough but they were what i decided on myself anyway so was all good time also flies past so 18 weeks isnt that long in the grand scheme of things

I was under mr Nijjar,but got a letter this morning telling me I'm now haveing mr singhal,but I've tried to research him but can't find anything lol.when did you have your seminar?x

i had mine in october saw my nijjar same day

Back