• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi !!!!

katiex

hi my name is katie and i am in the sunderland area. i have just been referred by my gp last week for wls and have recieved a choose and book appointment today for 20th june at sunderland royal! i was wondering if anyone could give me any idea what happens next and what to expect from the appointment on the 20th june? thanks xxx

Hi Katie, I just went to seminar at Sunderland last week and now have my next appointment in October to see nurse and dietitian. After that I think you get to see the surgeon before going onto waiting list. It seems theres quite a few people on here had surgery at Sunderland who will be able to help you better than me as I am pretty much at the same stage as you xxxxx

Yes its a long process for most at SRH seminar, then surgeon and dietician, then checkups to see if weight is being reduced, then endoscopy to check you have no ulcers or other underlying problems in stomach then its op app, but probably months even 18 months down the line, best of luck it does go by though, and they are all lovely at SRH. xx If you think I can help with anything please ask

thanks for info, so the appointment on the 20th is the seminar, sorry to be a pain but what does the seminar involve? and ive heard other people on this site saying they had their funding approved etc, does this mean i am definatly going to set wls? so many questions!!! xxx:)

Yes I would think so, the seminar is open to quite a few people to come a long and listen to on eor more of the surgeons along with the dietician to explain the different procedures and what happens and what care etc will take place with WLS, you will have the chance to ask questions and usually get to meet some one who has lost a good bit of weight due to WLS there, and you can ask them questions, usually from my experience heldon an evening in the EDucation Centre. xx good luck xx

thanks, glad i found this website as i have struggled to find any answers to my questions until i found this site, still trying to figure out how to use it mind ! xxx

Hiya and welcome, the seminar is great really informative talks thru all the stages and rough waiting times. Take someone with you cause they talk alot so mite be useful having someone with you to talk things thru with. Good Luck with ur journey its along one but worth the wait and gives u plenty of time to do loads of reserch x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

:welcome:

My gastric sleeve is booked for 2 weeks time - it's taken me almost 18 months from the seminar to op. Best of luck x

Hi there, I'm not from your area but I just wanted to say hiya, and lots of luck on your WLS journey.
Em xxxx

you will be weighed at Seminar and this is the weight the hosp. will go from for future appointments,,,drink loads of water and wear heavy clothes lol this will give you a bit of leeway if you struggle to lose the weight they want you to lose.

Hiya there Katie, and welcome to this forum. its like one big happy family on here. there is always someone there to help you.
I am on waiting to see my consultant at SRH. My next appointment is in October. Hope you have a safe journey x

thanks for all your advice , i really appreciate it! ive been reading on the internet about the various options available, band, bypass etc and i wish i hadnt, it has teriffied me! dont think i will do any more research until after the seminar lol , thanks again xxxx

Don't worry bout it Katie the consultant and the bariatric lead nurse will suggest which procedure they think mat suit you and your life style best. They take into account your physical daily life and mental state and look at wether you have a sweet tooth, graze all day, binge etc. I always thought I would have a band the doc suggested a bypass and the nurse but they wouldnt force me to have it, however after much discussion my hubby and I both thought it best to go along with what the consultant thought was best. So bypass it was and now I am 9 months post op have lost just over 6 stone since op and lost almost 2 before the op between July n August with the helpof the pre op diet as well so just about 8 stone since last July which is marvellous even though I sya it myself, take the medical professional advice thye know how the body workd in general and give good solid advice, be prepared to come out with a different view to what you went in with. The bypass was the 1 thing my husband did not want me to have. But he changed his mind and supported me all the way, he is very proud of me as are my family and close friends, and last but not least I AM PROUD OF ME. good luck with your journey just keep an open mind xx

Back