• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head hasnt caught up with pouch!!!!!!!!

I have really learned a lot from this thread. Thank you to all who contributed xx

We knew it wasn't gonna be easy but i think as much as we can try to prepare, its only once each of us tries to adapt the new rules to our individual lives can we get an idea of the changes we need to make. I reckon we'd probably all agree that we don't regret the surgery but it definately not the easy way out.

On a lighter note, I noticed last night whilst watching tv that when a kentucky fried chicken advert came on...i couldn't mentally taste it! God I hope someone knows what I mean but i swear i used to be able to taste it just by watching the advert!!!! Whereas last night I thought, that looks nice but wasted on me x x x

Hey you guys - 'm over 7 months post op now and i still get it wrong, my problems mainly with wanting to eat what i have in front of me but not being able to, though my brain yet to come to terms with this, its not easy and have to say your all doing really well.

Lisa - next time you go out just have the main course ! avoid bread or anything thats likely to fill you up, if you want a dessert go for the cheese option or ice cream, that will slip through easy, or you know what, be good and have neighter.

I had the KFC thing a few weeks ago, so ordered chicken and chips, ate half the chicken and a few chips, now i dont have the urge anymore and now know i wont crave it for months.

Cheers Richard,

The cravings are definately decreasing for me, I just forget sometimes what i've had done cos i feel so good now and I don't realise till i feel sick!!!

Slowly getting used to it and hubby is loving the bill when it comes at restaurants. I even had money left in the bank on payday this month and couldn't work out why...then it dawned on me, its cos of that sandwich and bag of crisps at work or the "odd" takeaway and bottle of wine........I could get used to this, I'm gonna filter this spare money off at end of each money and build up a clothing fund x x x

Back