• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head hunger and food issues

misscharlie

Afternoon all.

I've been awaiting an appointment for 4 month to see Dr Kendrick at the Manor with no luck.

My slow loss weight loss is purely down to the amount I'm eating and my food choices. I'm constantly feeling hungry and thinking about food. Pre op I just knew I made Bad food choices, but now every week passes and I find myself 'thinking about food more and more. Its taking over my life. The more I think about cutting down the more I want to eat. I'll keep telling myself in my head no dont eat that, you wont lose no weight but its like an evil side it me just makes me do it! (lol how crazy do I sound!!)

I find it frustrating when people say just stop eating it ~ but If I could do it I wouldn't of had this operation in the first place.

Just looking if anyone else experiences these kinds of feelings and how can I help myself to combat these nasty feeling of head hungar/feeling hungry.

On a positive note I joined the gym yesturday and have my personal trainer session today at 6. I'm really looking forward to it, but really need to combat the thought processes that are trying to sabatage my weightloss and I've only lost a 1lb this month :cry:

Charlie, my heart goes out to you 'cos I know how you feel. Although I don't think about food all the time, I constantly worry about food. I can certainly eat more than I could before & I'm worried that I'm the person a bypass won't work for.

I lost 5lb over Xmas which I was thrilled about as I'd not lost a lb for weeks & weeks. However, I weighed myself yesterday & have put 3lb on which means I've lost 2lb in about 6 weeks.

Its very very disheartening & I'm gutted to think I've gone thru all this to remain at this size :(

I wish you all the luck in the world & hope you personal trainer can kick start your weight loss.

Take care ;)

Hi Charlie, thinking of you...

Also Jacci you are doing brilliantly and to have lost 5lbs over xmas.... fantastic.... so proud and pleased.

Charlie... well done on joining the gym, that's got to be a help for you... would it help you to record everything that you are eating and to have a comparision with others in your situation? It doesn't seem like 5 mins since you had your surgery, I remember it well and it's already working by the weight you have lost... what have you lost post op so far?

Sorry if this information is elsewhere, I struggle to keep up with all threads, forgive me.

Thinking of you Charlie, love and hugs xxx

Charlie, message me on facebook. I'm already keeping a daily diary on there with another 'slow loser' who is like me sometimes demoralised....

I think it helps to share....

I'm feeling it with you too as food can spend quite some time in your head, planning what to eat, wanting to eat... My demon this week (which has never reared it's ugly head since surgery) is getting up and wanting my breakfast first cos i think i'm hungry...

Lets help each other, i'm up for coffee one day if you fancy it too? xx

Back