• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head issues, what are yours?

I never found the time to enjoy a meal so would eat once a day and stock up till the next meal.My head issues now are learning that I have to eat little and often instead of waiting for the night time feast. I do struggle getting more than 1 meal down so at the moment I've gone back to the slimfast drinks so at least something is going down.

Such an important subject this one and it appears affects us all to varying degrees.Mind over matter is good in theory but we all know about the forbidden fruit etc {not a orange or packet of raisins} but the temptations which surround us ALL the time...For me I've had years of "why did i do that" to many times and I'm not hungry really.
I think we all know and agree with what "Nic" said about working on your mind/head which along with the surgery at least raises your odds on keeping on the straight and narrow nearly ALL the time...
Well my destiny day is "THIS FRIDAY" and basically all my hopes lie with this op along hopefully with my P.M.A. for afterwards POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE....
M

i'm an emotional comfort eater, i tend to eat whenever i feel emotion. it sounds so silly but its like im trying to suppress and eat my emotions. i don't know why i do it but i've always done it.
another problem that i have is when i eat i like the feeling of feeling of being so full that i feel sick!!!! mad or what!!! its like i know that i couldn't possible fit any more in so thats ok :(
i think if i dont have surgery im gonna get bigger and bigger as i suppose i just like to eat lol..........tasha xxx

Cravings pause:

Saying 'no' to cravings just makes you want them more. The trick is to learn to stop after a few bites. Next time you get a craving, allow yourself a certain small number of bites of the food that you desire. This is your 'pause point.' Once your reach your 'pause point,' stop eating and assess whether you are still craving the food or are just mindlessly eating it. Take this time to put the snack away and see if you can stop the impulse.

Whilst i agree with what you have said her PG, and for most that have no self control its sound advice, but i know this doesn't work for me, if i crave a certain food the craving gets worse and worse and worse until i end up binging on it. By allowing myself to have a little bit the craving goes away for a long time and i've satisfied that lust for a certain food.

Also i want to be able to endulge in those bad foods from time to time, i've absolutely no intention of living like a monk for the rest of my life, so have learnt to control my eating, yes i do slip on occassion but in the grand scheme of things i know it doesn't matter as tomorrow will be a better day !

Back