• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lessons Learned: What are yours?

I have learned that I ate way more food than I actually ever admitted to myself. I see my portions now as normal and am shocked by how much others can put away. So weird!

Don't feel bad Terri, I still struggle with that a little 5+ months post-op! I serve myself a small portion, on my small plate and with my small spoon. Sometimes I can eat it all no problem. Other times I get about 1/2 way and I have to tell myself, no you are full, just because you could eat that amount yesterday does not mean you have to shove it in! It is hard work because we do eat with our eyes so what looks the right amount but isn't is a hard lesson.

Nic;););)

Don't feel bad Terri, I still struggle with that a little 5+ months post-op! I serve myself a small portion, on my small plate and with my small spoon. Sometimes I can eat it all no problem. Other times I get about 1/2 way and I have to tell myself, no you are full, just because you could eat that amount yesterday does not mean you have to shove it in! It is hard work because we do eat with our eyes so what looks the right amount but isn't is a hard lesson.

Nic;););)

Thanks Nic, in a good way I have realised that I have been cutting down my portion sizes with out consiously thinking about
it in preparation for my op. I am finally begining to realise that I don't need to eat all I do.

I'm just the same, I sit there with my little plate and teaspoon and when I see the family putting great big forkfuls of food in to their mouths, it makes me feel quite sick, how do they do it? :D

But I am eating too often now and the weight loss has slowed right down, this is becomming a problem which I have to get out of soon.

Oh to answer the original question, I wouldn't buy a Mars bar evertime I turned up for my paper round, morning and evening. :wave_cry:

Back