• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heartlands Hospital

I have been told they only do banding Sue, Dr Hartland said so when I went to the WLS support meeting in January.

You could contact his secretary though to find out. Are you thinking of changing hospitals hun?

Mr. Paul Super - blanket bander extraordinaire.

I have been told they only do banding Sue, Dr Hartland said so when I went to the WLS support meeting in January.

You could contact his secretary though to find out. Are you thinking of changing hospitals hun?

Hi, Sam,
No. I'm happy to stay with WM, but I would like to have the option of 'topping up' to have keyhole. Dr. H. told me it wasn't possible, but the lady at the pct said it might be, and that to ask WM to state my request when they write the letter for funding. (She did say that they would fund keyhole at Heartlands if I wanted to transfer) I'm just thinking that if they only do banding at Heartlands, it might make the pct funding panel consider my request more favourably if WM is my only option.
I'm just conscious of the need to get back on my feet asap, and get back to work as soon as possible after the op.

Don't know if this makes sense???????? Feel like I've rambled on a bit!!!!!!!!!!! xx

It does make sense, but I know a couple of people have asked at their inital consult and been told that walsall don't allow this they only allow it with some types of cancer drugs. It bad that price issues between the surgeon and pct affect us the patient they don't realise its real lives they are messing with when they give wrong information and not judging each case on its own merits

Hi, I go to the WLSinfo support group and have met a couple of people who have had the bypass or on the waiting list for one at Heartlands. I think they started doing them towards the end of last year.

Hope thats helps x

Back