• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastic bypass referal

katylea

hi all
i have just been referred to heartlands hospital for gastric bypass surgery , has or is any one been or going to the heartlands for there surgery any info on this would be great i believe my surgeon will be Mr Kumar :bliss:
many thanks katy

great news xx

Hi Katy,
I am from Northants and was referred to Heartlands for my bypass. I saw Mr Richardson on 3rd december and my funding is already in place but I haven't recieved a date for surgery yet. My R reckoned it would be around the end of feb but I'm beginning to wonder about that!!
Good luck and keep posting x

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes xxx

hi katy i had a appointment last friday at the heartlands and saw mr taheri, im on the list to see mr kumar about gastric bypass... have u seen anybody there yet ?? xx

Hi again, My letter for my first appointment said I was gonna see Mr Taheri, but when I got there I saw Mr Richardson who is one of the surgeons and I don't need any more appointments till pre-op appointment so think I was lucky.
Hope it all goes well Katy x

Its bizarre how different people have such different route through weight loss surgery. When I was referred to heartlands, I waited 6 months for my 1st appointment. I saw either dr Taheri or his understudy. Cant remember the name. He absolutely grilled me for an hour and reduced me to tears more than once. I was told no way would I get bypass. And if there was any chance of a band, i'd have to show willingness to lose weight. Which of course I did! I went back 6 months later lost 3 stone on cambridge diet, which he himself had told me to do and said I no longer needed surgery! I then fell pregnant and restarted my journey at the manor.

I didn't have funding in palce at that point and I feel it makes all the difference!

I have heard before that Dr Taheri is a horrible bullying little man so I was so glad when I didn't actually see him.
My BMI is very high and yes I do think the funding already being there makes a difference. I had lost nearly ten stone a few years back on Lighter Life and Mr Richardson said that was enough proof that I could stick to a liquid diet and lose weight. I think it all depends on individual cases and what side of bed the surgeon and his team get out of in the morning!! x

Hiya katy, have you always lived at heartland area?? you look like a katy I talked to at manchester meeting?? oh well i could be wrong. Gail x

hi Katy
well done all the best not so long to go time will fly by x

hi all
i have just been referred to heartlands hospital for gastric bypass surgery , has or is any one been or going to the heartlands for there surgery any info on this would be great i believe my surgeon will be Mr Kumar :bliss:
many thanks katy
news_17083.gif

Back