• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello all

angelicheart

AngelicHeart
:rolleyes:hiya all

just would like to update you with my progress, i have been so busy with work and study, just managed to stop and leave this message.
ok sleep test been done and i spend over night at the hospital to show me how to work the CAPA something like that, the mask i put at night hurt my face, so annoying but it does make me sleep much better.

My doctor has send the referal after a long struggle with my surgey to send this referal, what a hard work it has been for me but kindley i have a good friend by my side which he helps me with everything that is adrian, he was a member in here.
now i have been referred to homerton hospital under mr mannur i am awaiting oppintment to go down and see him that what the receptionist said whne she left a messgae on my voicemail.
please does anyone know what the next step?

many thanks.:bananalove: any news about sharron plz?

Can't help with hospital information but can tell you Sharron had her op a few weeks ago and is now a loser :)

Good luck hun xx

Hi angelicheart, fingers crossed for you. I am doing fine thank you. I had op just over 2 weeks ago and started on mashed food yesterday. I am lost 13.5lbs since op day. Why have you been referred to Homerton and not Luton? Good luck hope you get it.

Hiya Sharron

i am so happy your well , and o0o0oh boy ur doing so well losing the weight, as for choice to homerton been adviced its more faster than L&D, i am awaiting for my first appointmen, what your advice shall i start the milk diet?

Sorry to jump in, but could i say if you've not had an appointment yet don't be starting any diets... Your weight is so important at your first appointment, it's amazing how a few lbs can drop your BMI down....

Wait till you have your appt and then perhaps have a chat with them and tell them you want to help your surgery by losing an optimum amount of weight before surgery. I'm sure this will impress your surgeon with your commitment and show that you are very very serious about your wls xxx

ps, Sharron wow almost a stone gone in 2 weeks, i so KNEW you were going to rock your bypass xxx

thank you very much Julie and Sharron for your advice i just waite for now, how long do you think till i get my appointmen?

Hi
I'm having my first appointment at Homerton on 25 August. My doctor sent the letter to them at the end of April, I waited til mid July and told my doctor I hadn't heard anything (and wanted to check they'd sent the letter). He advised me to speak to one of his admin staff the next day. Anyway, I ended up phoning Homerton myself, they confirmed they'd got my letter on 30 April and told me to phone the general appointments dept to find out more. I did call, and they'd lost my letter!! So a lot of calls between me, my doctors and the hospital (why I had to mediate I don't know!) and they got a faxed copy, and gave me an appointment for 25 August. Shame the letter was lost for over 2 months! - just as well I'm impatient and checked!!)
A few members on here have told me that the hospital is great, so I'm looking forward to finding out.
I have an appointment with a nurse in the morning, then you have to attend a group session, (hoping to find out lots of information), then an appointment with Mr Mannur in the afternoon.
Both me and my hubby are going for it, he has diabetes, I've got sleep apnoea so we're hoping we'll both get the ok and can go on this journey together.
I'll post when I've had the first appointments to let you know how it went and what to expect.
Hope you don't have to wait too long for your appointment.

thanx karen, my doctor send the fax on the 29/07/10 and i call the hospital after the weekend and the mr mannur receptionist left me a voicemale as i was working letting me know that they recived the referal, i phoned last yesterday and another one told me that mr mannur receptionist on leave and she will be back on monday so i will call her after i finish work.
i wish you all the best.

Back