• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Oh no, sorry to hear that. It's a very stressful time and you build your hopes up and get mentally prepared. Keep your chin up eh. Not too long to wait. All the best :)

Wow, that's awful! I'm not surprised that you are feeling down but dust yourself off and keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow xx

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using WLSurgery

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from now on

Lynn x

Hi Going for pre op checks tomorrow. Have been on LSD since Sunday. Finding it ok as I like milk but must admit I am missing something a bit more substantial. My wife is making plenty of chunky veg soup so that keeps me going. Day 3 and have not strayed or cheated yet.
Hi gippa, can you tell me how your wife makes the soup am stuck can we use like stock cubes and herbs or is it just veg boiled and blended down ? X

Hi gippa, can you tell me how your wife makes the soup am stuck can we use like stock cubes and herbs or is it just veg boiled and blended down ? X

I made veg soup on LSD;
Chop veg, (I used carrots, turnip,leeks) put in a big pan with veg stock and plenty of seasoning.
I made carrot and coriander too:
Fry onion in large pan, add chopped carrots and veg stock. Add pinch of cumin and dried coriander then blitz with some fresh coriander.
Butternut squash soup was my favourite:
Fry an onion in soup pan, add 1chopped butternut squash and veg stock stir in some chilli flakes and ground cumin then blitz once soft x

HI Andiebee, I have bought myself a soup maker from Amazon, best thing I have ever bought! Throw the veg in and press the button, 20 mins later lush soup. You can choose whether you want chunky or smooth. I use it a lot now but will be brilliant once I go on the LRD and even after for the puree / liquid stage. I would highly recommend it x

Thanks so much that's great help , the only soup I normally make is homemade broth but that contains gammon and soup lentil mix dumplings and potatoes which I know you can't have so thanks for the help I'll try all of them thank you cxx

Hi andiebee.

The above posts are pretty much what I had although never fried anything just simmered and either left chunky as that feels more like proper food or for the butternut and red pepper blizzed as it goes quite thick.
I used vegetable stock cubes.
All the best for your journey.

Steve

I made veg soup on LSD; Chop veg, (I used carrots, turnip,leeks) put in a big pan with veg stock and plenty of seasoning. I made carrot and coriander too: Fry onion in large pan, add chopped carrots and veg stock. Add pinch of cumin and dried coriander then blitz with some fresh coriander. Butternut squash soup was my favourite: Fry an onion in soup pan, add 1chopped butternut squash and veg stock stir in some chilli flakes and ground cumin then blitz once soft x
thanks so much all give them all a go cxx

Steve - I hope it goes ahead today - wishing you all the very best wishes for no cancellations :)

Operation was done on Sunday as they promised.
Came home yesterday afternoon and although a little sore I am suprised how well I feel. Not getting a full nights sleep yet but Im sure that will come. Getting to grips with the puree diet and so far struggling to get it all in, especially the amount of fluid.

Operation was done on Sunday as they promised.
Came home yesterday afternoon and although a little sore I am suprised how well I feel. Not getting a full nights sleep yet but Im sure that will come. Getting to grips with the puree diet and so far struggling to get it all in, especially the amount of fluid.

Glad it went to plan and it sounds as though you are not too uncomfortable. Take it easy and I look forward to reading about how you are getting on - I am getting close now and more nervous as it gets to be a reality!

Back