• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So close....

Turps

Hello everyone.

After lurking a really long time I thought it was time to say hello. My name is Terri -- a female Terri as sometimes people online think I'm male with that name -- and I've been heading toward wls and a mini bypass at Sunderland Royal for nearly two years now. Since that first seminar I've had a balloon in for 6 months, been through the psych process for even more months, being tested for and shown not to have sleep apnea, and now finally, after all that time I came home to an answering machine message from Mr Schroeder's secretary, and had missed her leaving the office by 5 minutes.

I've already lost 98 pounds through this process, but am still classed as super morbidly obese, which is why this has taken so long with the balloon etc. My dad also died in bad circumstances weeks after getting the balloon which knocked my progress as my psychologist said he didn't want to address my weight issues while I was still grieving, which is a decision I supported. Looking back I don't know how I got through that time, I even went to a dietician appointment at the hospital 2 days after dad passed. Looking back I don't know what I was thinking, but of course the answer was, I wasn't thinking anything rationally back then.

So now I have to wait until tomorrow to see what's happening. In my letter from my appointment with the surgeon, which was nearly 2 months ago now, he stated because I was still so heavy he wanted me on the liver shrinking diet for 3 weeks instead of the usual 10 days at SRH. I've already got my info from the dietician about that, but my sister also had a bypass at SRH last year so I knew what the diet consisted of.

I'll be doing the milk diet, and I know it'll be hard, but I'm ready. I'm 42 years old now, and I know if I wait any longer it'll be too late. Right now I'm mobile. I go swimming, get out and do things, but already my knees hurt and I know one slip, one thing that goes wrong and it'll be a plummet downhill health wise.

I don't want that. I can't do that. But oh, how I wish I'd came home five minutes earlier so I knew what was happening now.

Hello and welcome to our forum!

Hi and welcome to a really friendly and helpful forum !
Xxxxx

Thank you so much for the welcome, everyone.

I've lurked on this forum for so long, especially when I had my balloon. All your stories have helped so much on this exciting, but at times, scary journey.

Hello, welcome and well done on your loss to date. That's fantastic x

Hi and welcome! Well done on your loss so far. Hope you find out what is happening soon.

Thank you again for the welcomes.

Hi and welcome! Well done on your loss so far. Hope you find out what is happening soon.

I strongly suspect that a phone call will be happening as soon as 9am clicks around.

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you!

Well, I did phone this morning and have a date of 20th of September. As I need 3 weeks of the liver shrinking diet that means I started that this morning.

So, I guess that means I need to start a thread in pre-op now. Eeep!

Congratulations! Operation day will be here before you know it :)

Hurrah - another September Loser ... There's a thread for those folks having Surgery in Sept

Thank you all!

Hurrah - another September Loser ... There's a thread for those folks having Surgery in Sept

Excellent. I'm going to go look for that.

Congratulations, I like you have been on here a while lurking whilst I go through the various stages. I'm looking forward to your pre op diary!!!!!

I like you have been on here a while lurking whilst I go through the various stages
Thank you!
I got to know so much info while lurking the forums, but it's good actually interacting, too.

Back