• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, Any one else having a gatric bypass at the nuffield in taunton?

Thank you :) I did a mixture of hospital diet and slimfast, so I did two slimfast breakfast and lunch, and then a chicken breast and potato for dinner, so I had something to chew on. The last day I just had three slimfast to minimise what was in my stomach. Afterwards he said the operation went well just a couple of bleeds but he said that is very common. But I didn't think my liver was shrinking, but I did realise I had more trips to the bathroom which is supposed to be good sign. :) I went out on Sunday for about 5 hours which was fine, no pain whatsoever but I was very tired so had half hour lay down and all was fine :) You can do light walking as soon as comfortable but can't do much more -such as the gym until the 6th week/your follow up with mr welbourne. They also advise not to drive for the first two weeks/ until you can do an emergency stop without hesitating, or until your insurance says. I've lost track of the days, I thought today was Tuesday so was going to wish you luck. Now I realise it's Wednesday so your probably in recovery, so hope all went well!! Let me know how you got on :)
Hiya :)
Well I've had my bypass, all went well and mr w is pleased with the op. I'm feeling a lot of pain tho in my tummy! Going home tomorrow and not sure how I'm going to cope with the children!!!!!!
How are you doing?

Hiya :) Well I've had my bypass, all went well and mr w is pleased with the op. I'm feeling a lot of pain tho in my tummy! Going home tomorrow and not sure how I'm going to cope with the children!!!!!! How are you doing?

I'm doing well thanks :)
More importantly how are you feeling? Sorry to hear your in pain :( is it muscle pain or wound pain? You keeping food/drink down okay?

I'm doing well thanks :) More importantly how are you feeling? Sorry to hear your in pain :( is it muscle pain or wound pain? You keeping food/drink down okay?
Think it's a bit of both, painkillers do help so that's something. The hospital staff our lovely.
Il be in touch when I'm feeling a bit better. Keep up the good work :)

Think it's a bit of both, painkillers do help so that's something. The hospital staff our lovely. Il be in touch when I'm feeling a bit better. Keep up the good work :)
sorry, yea I've mAnged to keep water down so far. Was nearly sick a few times yesterday but the sickness injections stoped that x

Hello, me again with questions! Lol What vitamins are you taking or supplements? Thank you :)

Hey how you doing today? Remember each day is better, come Wednesday you will feel completely different! :)
I originally brought the chewable centrum but really didn't like them they just left powder in my mouth. So when I went to my pre-op the dietitian was giving away free multivitamins specifically for WLS. She said you can open the capsule and put it in a yogurt, so I'm doing that, only have a few left though so not sure to buy more or try something else :/

Hey how you doing today? Remember each day is better, come Wednesday you will feel completely different! :) I originally brought the chewable centrum but really didn't like them they just left powder in my mouth. So when I went to my pre-op the dietitian was giving away free multivitamins specifically for WLS. She said you can open the capsule and put it in a yogurt, so I'm doing that, only have a few left though so not sure to buy more or try something else :/
I'm hoping so! I do feel better today thanks. Maybe it's the new feeling of have a tiny pouch? It's like a tight/full feeling ??
Ah ok, I've brought the chewy ones too. I might google wls vitamins and see what it comes up with.
How are you doing? Are you on sloppy foods now?

Back