• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone from Darlington

Barleyboo

Hi there and thanks to everyone who's said hello. I go for my seminar on Tuesday too so will be there with you. Are you taking anyone with you?

rach1982

hiya, im not taking anyone with me. my mum was going to come with me but she is looking after my little boy. All I know about the seminar is a group of people will be there and we will be given loads of advice and a chance to ask questions. I think we will be asked to get weighed etc thats about as much as I have found out at the min

Rubymuzz

Hello and welcome!

Barleyboo

hiya, im not taking anyone with me. my mum was going to come with me but she is looking after my little boy. All I know about the seminar is a group of people will be there and we will be given loads of advice and a chance to ask questions. I think we will be asked to get weighed etc thats about as much as I have found out at the min

Hiya
I was told That I will find out on Tuesday if I am going to be offered an op. do you know if this is correct?

LessofLisa

Hi I'm a new member here too and am from Darlington. I had my gastric sleeve op on June 22nd in Sunderland and am getting on great! I think you'll find the seminar informative and exciting.

Kaz59

I don't think you will be told if you are offered the op on Tuesday. You get weight and height done privately then you get loads of info from nurse, surgeon, dietician. They then set you a target weight loss to reach before you see the surgeon (that's when you find out if you've been accepted) and they give you a diet to follow. They will then phone you a few days after seminar to see if you still want to go through with it. I'm at north Tees but sure yours will be similar :)

Barleyboo

Hi I'm a new member here too and am from Darlington. I had my gastric sleeve op on June 22nd in Sunderland and am getting on great! I think you'll find the seminar informative and exciting.

Hi thanks for getting back to me

Sunderland had a longer waiting list than Darlington. Did you find out at your seminar if you we're being offered an op?

LessofLisa

Sunderland are very heavy on the 'life-change' impact. I had my seminar in Feb 2011 so waited 28 months from start to finish and I'd almost given up hope but hey it happened eventually!
As the last member said you'll not find out this week about surgery but in my opinion it will happen as long as you meet their criteria - lose pre-op weight, stop smoking and exercise.

lady s

I had semanar in March at darlington and. Had to loose 5 kg stop smoking and got apt on Tuesday the 9th July to see doctor but haven't got a date yet

Barleyboo

Wow thanks for that info. That's exactly what I wanted confirming. Feeling really anxious tonight, silly I suppose.

Barleyboo

Well done you. That's amazing to stop smoking and lose weight too. I quit smoking 12 years ago and know how hard it is. Best of luck at Darlington memorial today and hope you get the outcome you want

yankeegirl

Hey Barleyboo.......I am having my gastric sleeve on 1st August at Darlo with Mr Samir.....I am nervous and excited.....start my milk die on monday and have my pre op the following week.......I only had my appointment in Feb...so the waiting list is very short for darlington.....good luck with yours....keep in contact and we can keep each other going!!!!!

Barleyboo

Hiya yankeegirl and thanks for the reply. That's really good news about the waiting times. I went on Tuesday to seminar so just at the start. It all seems like so far ahead before I will get my op.
how did you do on the diet beforehand? Did you st rugged or find it easy to loose the 5 kg?

goofy07

Hi I am from Darlington

I had my bypass at Sunderland in march and have lost 5st 5 since op 10st 5 since seminar but as I say have lost one person and have another one to go!!!

Although its definitely not easy and I think we all have times of struggle it is the best decision I have ever made.

Good luck with your journey