• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone from Darlington

melissa82

Hi and welcome,
I has seminar October 2011
Dietician may 2012
Consultant with weigh loss June 2013
Balloon this Friday whoooopppp xxx

caraline

Hiya Barleyboo, I'm from ferryhill. Good luck with the seminar x

Barleyboo

Hi there. My op is 5th June so started LRD today. Getting anxious now. Does anyone have any experience of DMH for their gastric bypass

caraline

Hi there. My op is 5th June so started LRD today. Getting anxious now. Does anyone have any experience of DMH for their gastric bypass

Hiya hun. I have heard that Darlington hospital are doing well at their bypasses. Good luck x

NorthamptonGirl

good luck :)

Mel1927

Hi I am Mel
I had my surgery in Darlington on 8th May. I am only two weeks post surgery .
At the seminar they will measure you, weigh and work out your BMI. You will be in a group wen given the talk. At the end you will be given an information pack to take home.

Your portion sizes will be in the pack. You will be advised to go to your nearest change for life class...... this was the best advice ever. I dont know how I would have learnt everything without them.
My seminar was in october last year and I started classes at Ferryhill. Right up till my surgery, I only missed one class. They were fantastic.

It was good to meet like minded people at different stages of their journey. Lots of questions were answered.

Hope this helps.

Barleyboo

Hi Claire are you getting nervous yet then? I am excited and frightened and a million other things too .... The diet so far is pretty good I am finding I still have stuff to eat from my daily allowance and because you have to have everything on the list I end up having supper .
I think DMH have a great diet compared to some which seem very extreme.

clairer17

Hi yeah I'm nervous ......I was supposed to go to see anaesthetist today but they cancelled a hour before so have to go next Wednesday then start my liver reducing diet on the 2 nd of June diet not to bad lol but I cook for a living .......I just wished it was here now

clairer17

I'm 11.30 hope it doesn't get cancelled this time then I start my liver diet on the Monday nervous exciting all rolled into one

Mel1927

Hi Barleyboo, I must be honest and say the first 4 days were awful but I am feeling a lot better now. The puree is not as bad as I thought but I had lots of recipes from my C4Life group, which is helping.