• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone.

SarahB

I have been lurking on here for a few weeks as I have been looking into getting a Gastric Band.

I am now pretty certain this is the road I want to go down. I am now in the process of convincing my OH to semi-finance this for me ( I am also saving hard myself) and I am hoping to have enough money by the end of the summer.

Just a little bit about myself. I am 36 and have been on-off dieting for the last 20 years and I am now at my heaviest weight of 224 pounds. I am desperate to get myself on the right track!!

Lovely to have you with us Sarah xxx Looking forward to getting to know you and helping in any way we can x

welcome and good luck.xx

Hi Sarah, welcome to the site :) Good luck with your journey!

H x

Hi and Welcome Sarah xx

I have been lurking on here for a few weeks as I have been looking into getting a Gastric Band.

I am now pretty certain this is the road I want to go down. I am now in the process of convincing my OH to semi-finance this for me ( I am also saving hard myself) and I am hoping to have enough money by the end of the summer.

Just a little bit about myself. I am 36 and have been on-off dieting for the last 20 years and I am now at my heaviest weight of 224 pounds. I am desperate to get myself on the right track!!
Hi Sarah :welcome2::newbie:
Glad you found us!
xxx

Thanks for welcome everyone.

Have had a good chat with OH and he has agreed to help me, I feel very lucky to have someone like him who will support me in this. He has also agreed to pay for most of it.

He did say to me that could i wait until after christmas as he will be better off financially. I do feel really impatient and want it done a.s.a.p but at least it gives me another 6 months to save what i can towards it. Plus it gives me plenty of time to research who to have the band with.

Hey Sarah, similiar story to me, I was banded last week at 37 after being overweight since my teens. Partner has been pretty supportive and the rest of family (who would not approve, dont know).

I went about it really quickly, from first call to provider to op was 8 weeks. You dont have to pay the bulk of it until 14-21 days before the op so you can you "into the system" before christmas if need be and make a date to aim for. I went with the National Obesity Centre but it turns out they seem to be more expensive than most. You will find invaluable advice on here and tons of support! I have found peoples diaries really good also there are tons on every section.

I have lost 21 lbs in last three weeks that may have taken me months of starvation (or what felt like it before). Best of luck on your journey hon, keep in touch :D

Back