• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone

Secret_Angel

Hi I'm new today to this forum, still finding my way round. I was put on the waiting list last september 2008 for gastric band surgery. I'm attending my pre-op tomorrow (friday 5 june) and having the op on 21 june 2009. It all seems to be happening at the moment. I have so many questions and concerns (naturaly) eg, the pre-op diet, the op, recovery... would appreciate any advice, I think this forum is great from what I have read so far its really nice that people are supporting each other.
Thanks in advance
x

hiya and welcome! any qustions no matter how silly there is always someone to help and they are all so friendly!! good luck on your appointment and your journey x

Hey Secret Angel, The site is fantastic, I am fairly new and I have learnt so much and had so much support since I joined. Everyone is so helpful, kind and caring. Nothing is ever to much trouble.

Hi Secret Angel....I'm new to this forum BUT can only say "good things" about it as the other members are great and very helpfull and friendly "so welcome"..
M..

hi S/A,
incase you dont read my reply on the other thread thanks for offering help on el hasani, i had my bypass 3wks ago by him in farnborough hospital so any questions ask away

lisa xxx

Welcome and good luck with your op. Everyone here is sooooooooo helpful you are sure to find what you need.

Wow, thanks all of you for taking the trouble to post, im moved by the kindness, thank you. I've read so much (good and bad) about the gastric band, and ive followed video blogs on you tube. I have been overweight for the best part of 15 years and confess to being a mood eater. I know 2 people that have had this surgery over 3 years ago and have never looked back, it's encouraging to see how much their lives have changed. Simple everyday tasks that a "thin" person possibly takes for granted for me have become painful and unbearable. I've never had any surgery of any type before, so, the usual fears are playing mind-games. I know the band wont work alone, I have to make it work for me, i'm up for the challenge (say's she, wait till she see's the needle! haha)
OK, so, my questions/concerns are these.....
on the pre-op diet how did you all cope? how much did you eat? and what exactly did you eat? My list states.... chicken, fish, bovril drink and clear soup? are you allowed tea/coffee, artificial sweetners? or do i stick to only the list?
I wont ask any more questions at this point but I will keep refering back here to update what's happening.
Thanks again to you lovely people
kisses xx

hi s/a, i was on the same pre-op as you im really fussy so lived on chicken breasts, towards the end i was having thin gravy on the chicken and peas, for drink i was having lime and soda water, also sugar free ice pops. i found the first 4 days horrendous harder than any other diet id done and id done loads but after the fifth day it got easier and easier in the end i lost 10lb. it is hard but so so worth it!!

lisa xxx

Hi and WELCOME to minis - the best series of blogs to read are Brunette and Red they are a brilliant, informative and funny. You won't go far wrong reading them x

Hi SA and welcome to Mini's. There are a lot of clever people here who will have answers to your questions and there is loads of support and advice.

Hi everyone, the pre-op went fine, had the usual tests and was talked through the procedure. I was told to start the pre-op diet today (sat 6 june) Apparently some foods that were allowed previously have now been dis-allowed. Permited foods are strictly, chicken, fish, bovril, sugar free water/squash and sugar free jelly. Apart from feeling hungry most of the time, today went well. Oh gosh, 2 weeks of this will drive me loopy (big smiles hahah) hope you are all keeping safe and well.
kisses xxx

Hi!

I'm going for my consultation tomorrow and hope to be banded on the 20th June. It will be so exciting to see how you go and follow fast behind you! Good luck!

Coralie

Hi!

I'm going for my consultation tomorrow and hope to be banded on the 20th June. It will be so exciting to see how you go and follow fast behind you! Good luck!

Coralie
Hi hun, looks like you will be first, i'm having my op on 21st. Keep positive and think happy thoughts.
Have you started the pre-op diet yet or was I just cheated out of some days? I wish you all the best. stay in touch, i'd like to know how you are getting on. Take care
kisses xx

Back