• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from East Sussex

heatherlynn68

Hi everyone! I have just joined this website and it looks really useful. I had a gastric bypass on 21/8/08 and have lost 9 stone so far. I still need to lose at least 4 stone more but my weight loss stopped several months ago and no matter what I have tried I just can't get the weight to shift! I would appreciate any suggestions. :silly:

Hi
I can't really help you with your weight plateau as I have yet to have my surgery but just wanted to say hi from a fellow Sussex girl.

Why don't you ask for an appointment with the dietician? It may be something really small that you need to do. I know that they are very anti juices, smoothies and tinned tomato soup.

Hi Heatherlynn

Would just like to say welcome & congratulations on your fab weight loss so far. I haven't had my surgery yet, but I can imagine how disheartening it must be for you to plateau at this stage. Don't lose sight of how much weight you've lost in such a short time. I think the suggestion to see your dietician is a good one. Maybe keep a food diary of everything you eat & the amounts, then you can show your dietician & see if they can spot where you might be going wrong or what could be improved. Sometimes it just takes a fresh pair of eyes to look at things.

Have you got into a routine of eating the same things? Maybe you need to try & give your menus a bit of a shake up. I know it's not always easy but sometimes just a small change can make a difference.

I don't know whether you exercise or not, but trying a new exercise class or activity you can enjoy might help things.

Just a few suggestions I hope might help you. Good luck with the continued weight loss, I'm sure it will start again soon. You haven't got this far to just give up. I look forward to hearing about how you get on.
:welcome: Lynz x

Hi and welcome to the site. Congratulations on your weight loss. I am sure someone with experience will be along to help you soon.

Thank you for all of your replies. I am just wondering if something has stopped working with my bypass because I have not taking any multi vitamins for almost a year now and I have recently had my blood tests done and all my vitamin levels are fine, so does that mean I am absorbing all of the vitamins and calories that I am eating???

Congratulations on your weightloss so far. You've done amazing.:D

Have you looked at the 5 day pouch test. If you google it you can check the site out.

It may help.

Good luck

Hi Gail,

I have tried searching for the 5 day pouch test but I the only website I can find is a site that you have to purchase the 5 day pouch test details from.

Back