• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello..

Misjiff

Hello everyone

I'm Misjiff, I'm 30.. and I weigh more in stone than my age.

I'm considering asking my doctor about being referred for a gastric bypass.

I've been trying to lose weight for years, and it's never worked. I do know now that it's probably due to my Bulimia (recent diagnoses) and binge eating.

I've just started a guided self help intervention treatment for my eating disorder, but I'm starting to look at options for when I've got my eating normalized.

I know I shouldn't be looking at weight loss options when I'm in treatment, but the fact is, I weigh 35 stone and I'm probably going to be dead before I reach the same age as my weight if I don't shift it.

I wanted to write a nice, big long introduction, but I'm getting teary so I think I"ll leave it there.

It's nice to meet all of you.

Hi there misjiffand welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will find lots of advice and info on the site which will help you to make a decision. Theres lots of people here who have had surgery and also those who are needing info and support. Think the stage you're at is an emotional one :)

Dandelions x

ps Is that a CBT intervention?

Hi :)

Hi Misjiff,

Welcome to the forum.

I too had bulimia for many years and received treatment for it. Once I stopped, I then piled the weight on following a break-up. I don't think it ever leaves you but having the surgery has certainly helped me both mentally and physically.

I hope you find the answers you need, good luck xx

You've already made a really positive step by thinking about how to lose weight permanently. I've only been on here a short while, and haven't had surgery yet, but there are many wonderful success stories which have really spurred me on.

I would look carefully into all the options and make sure a bypass is the right choice for you.

Also, you've set yourself a really low BMI target which seems pretty drastic. Do you really want to weigh 7.5 stone!? Maybe start with a BMI of 25 and go from there?

All the very best with your journey, good luck.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're putting a lot of honest thought into this, which is a positive thing. There is so much support on here, ask any questions and somebody has been in the same position and will give advice x

my personal opinion is have a chat with your gp if you have to go thru weight management course befor seeing surgeon then apply now because it is a lengthy process and by time you finish your other treatment then go thru another very long wait your weight may be at a truly unlivable level.i gained a lot of weight thru therapy comfort eating at its best ! if you have decided surgery is def for you id go for it just make sure your therapist is on board.

Thank you for the welcomes, everyone.

Also, you've set yourself a really low BMI target which seems pretty drastic. Do you really want to weigh 7.5 stone!? Maybe start with a BMI of 25 and go from there?

All the very best with your journey, good luck.

I actually didn't know it was so low, I just googled the ideal weight for my height and it came up 105lbs so I put that as my eventual goal.

I'll check out the BMI thing and try and find a healthy one.

Thank you for pointing that out :)

Hello everyone

I'm Misjiff, I'm 30.. and I weigh more in stone than my age.

I'm considering asking my doctor about being referred for a gastric bypass.

I've been trying to lose weight for years, and it's never worked. I do know now that it's probably due to my Bulimia (recent diagnoses) and binge eating.

I've just started a guided self help intervention treatment for my eating disorder, but I'm starting to look at options for when I've got my eating normalized.

I know I shouldn't be looking at weight loss options when I'm in treatment, but the fact is, I weigh 35 stone and I'm probably going to be dead before I reach the same age as my weight if I don't shift it.

I wanted to write a nice, big long introduction, but I'm getting teary so I think I"ll leave it there.

It's nice to meet all of you.
hello,i have to say its a not an easy road or a quick fix but it will be so worth it for you to really think about taking this path but you have to do it for yourself first once you get your head around it you wont regret taking these steps. good luck on your road to a better you.

Welcome to the group I'm sure we can all support each other, you are clearly taking positive steps forward which is fantastic

Back