• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Redcar

Shadylawns

Hi, I'm Julie from Redcar. I attended the seminar last September, and since then I've been to my dietician appointment and was given a target of 4kgs weight loss. I've only just achieved that, I find it so difficult.

I have my next appointment at SRH in three hours with Dr Mahawar, and I'm terrified that I'll have put half a kilo on since this morning, and they'll rod me off back to the start.

I know that I'll have to lose a certain amount of weight before my procedure, but by the same token, I wouldn't be there if I could succeed on my own!!

Anyone out there could give me a bit of reassurance? :confused:

Thanks,

Julie

I am guessing that Mr M was absolutely lovely with you and put your mind at rest ALL I can say is that he is a real hero and IF he has applied any new targets or has had to have a hard word it is because he cares!! Good Luck with your journey SRH are the tops!

He is nice. I met him when I had my Balloon put in in Feb 2012. I'd put on a bit of weight since I'd met my target in May 2011 (I'd got a bit depressed about things not going to plan) and he just said 'hmm need to watch that'. I thought he wouldn't do the balloon because of that but he was ok.

Hello from Dormanstown!

I hope that your appointment went well, and I just wanted to say that I am 6 weeks post op. I had a bypass at the end of June at Sunderland too. If you want to meet for a coffee and chat anytime, just reply or message me.
Emma x

angelica13 said:
Hello from Dormanstown!

I hope that your appointment went well, and I just wanted to say that I am 6 weeks post op. I had a bypass at the end of June at Sunderland too. If you want to meet for a coffee and chat anytime, just reply or message me.
Emma x

Hello emma, im awaiting my appointment for a gastric bypass with Mr Small at Sunderland, had my endoscopy end of may, how long should i expect to wait? Hope you dont mind me asking, brenda x

hi to all the srh people.... our next support group meeting is Aug 30th 6-8pm in the education centre if any of you want to come along feel free to do so :)

Liz x

:welcome:

I hope your appointment went well x

Shadylawns, I was worried that I may have put on just a little and they would not do the surgery, but had my pre op app on Friday and everything was fine. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

PhilT, How did you find Mr Mahawar? I was supposed to have Mr Small, but for some reason it has changed. So I haven't met him. I have my op on Tuesday

LubiLu said:
Shadylawns, I was worried that I may have put on just a little and they would not do the surgery, but had my pre op app on Friday and everything was fine. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

PhilT, How did you find Mr Mahawar? I was supposed to have Mr Small, but for some reason it has changed. So I haven't met him. I have my op on Tuesday

Wishing you a speedy recovery Lubilu, take care x

Hello emma, im awaiting my appointment for a gastric bypass with Mr Small at Sunderland, had my endoscopy end of may, how long should i expect to wait? Hope you dont mind me asking, brenda x

I never mind being asked - I was on here constantly watching waiting times before my op.
I had my endo at the end of Jan. Waiting times were 4 months at the time, then a surgeon was away so they went up to 6 months, but I had my op at the end of June - 5 months from endo.
As far as I could tell from this site, Sunderland's times from endo to op can be anything from 4 - 6 months. They should do it within 6 months though, to meet NHS targets.
My strategy was to find a couple of people at Sunderland ahead of me in the queue, and to keep watching their posts. It's fantastic then when they hear, as you know you are getting close.
Best of luck, I hope you hear soon - you get around a month's notice unless you are offered a cancellation, then you get about 10 days - 2 weeks. I found the times in between appointments the hardest, when you don't have a date to look forward to.
Good luck x

Having a senior moment here :blush:
Why do we need an endo ?

angelica13 said:
I never mind being asked - I was on here constantly watching waiting times before my op.
I had my endo at the end of Jan. Waiting times were 4 months at the time, then a surgeon was away so they went up to 6 months, but I had my op at the end of June - 5 months from endo.
As far as I could tell from this site, Sunderland's times from endo to op can be anything from 4 - 6 months. They should do it within 6 months though, to meet NHS targets.
My strategy was to find a couple of people at Sunderland ahead of me in the queue, and to keep watching their posts. It's fantastic then when they hear, as you know you are getting close.
Best of luck, I hope you hear soon - you get around a month's notice unless you are offered a cancellation, then you get about 10 days - 2 weeks. I found the times in between appointments the hardest, when you don't have a date to look forward to.
Good luck x

Thanks, im just waiting and hoping to hear soon, sometimes i get paranoid they have forgotten me!x

Hey sorry for late reply - Mr M is simply BRILLIANT superb guy nice and easy to get on with and much more he cares realy cares - all I can say if you check back on my posts you will see my journey was not easy but Mr M went above and beyond and no word of a lie was my life saver and new life giver - and as an ex nurse that aint easy to say about a medic!

Thank you for that. Had my surgery on Tuesday and Mr Mahawar was great. Had a few issues with the hospital, but on the whole, I'm feeling great, so shouldn't complain.

LubiLu said:
Thank you for that. Had my surgery on Tuesday and Mr Mahawar was great. Had a few issues with the hospital, but on the whole, I'm feeling great, so shouldn't complain.

Lubilu, glad to hear your feeling great and home safe, could i just ask how long did you have to wait for your surgery after endoscopy, i had my endo at sunderland end of may, am just eager to get it done, thanks x

Back