• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Simisola1

Hi everyone

Just came across this site on google whilst searching for more info on the support group, which i've not attended yet.

My name's Simi, originally from Nigeria but been in the UK for over 12 years now.

I've always struggled with my weight since my teens but it only got worse in the last few years. I've been on so many diets including weight watchers, slim fast diet, cabbage soup diet, even attended gym regularly at one point which worked but i stopped going. I decided to have a gastric band operation. My mum opposed to it at first 'cause she's afraid of the complications and all, but she changed her mind. Been on the waiting list since last March. I had another appointment yesterday at the hospital and they're going to apply for funding on my behalf, so i don't even know how long it'll take before i get a response back.

I'm at a stage in my life now where i've lost all hope. I'm 30 now, don't have a boyfriend, being celibate for over 4 yrs now(I know 'too-much-information). Don't have job(for over a year now) and i sense even 'potential employers' don't want to hire me 'cause of my weight. Can't wear clothes or shoes i want to wear, i don't have friends. To cut a long story short, i don't have a life now. I feel if i have this operation done, at least i'll see some changes in my life, although i know there'll be some set-backs and it's not some 'miracle cure'.

Hi Simi and :welcome: You have found a great place for help and support. We are here for one another through thick and thin (and trust me its usually thick on here!) Good luck on your weight loss journey X

Hi Simi .welcome and good luck on your journey i am afraid i am having a bypass not a band , but i can honestly say your story is just like mine................

i am sure you meet lots of friends here and i hope to be one of them,and the support is brilliant, look forward tohearing more from you . please fill in your side bar so we know where your from etc
take care
Tracey xx

Hi Simi

welcome to the fantastic group, and we all wish you the best on your journey. everyone in here would be happy to pass informations, Simi where about are you please?

Hi Simi

welcome to the fantastic group, and we all wish you the best on your journey. everyone in here would be happy to pass informations, Simi where about are you please?

Thanks for your warm welcome. I'm based in North-West London. I'm having the operation at Whittington Hospital. My PCT is Camden.

I hope you get that well deserved funding and Op as soon as possible xx Please don't give up hope, while you wait to hear about your funding take the opportunity to read lots on here and soak up the advice and info.
Welcome to our family and I hope you will post more and enjoy being a part of the forum xxx

Hi Simi .welcome and good luck on your journey i am afraid i am having a bypass not a band , but i can honestly say your story is just like mine................

i am sure you meet lots of friends here and i hope to be one of them,and the support is brilliant, look forward tohearing more from you . please fill in your side bar so we know where your from etc
take care
Tracey xx

Sorry dear, that was a slip. I'm actually having a bypass 'cause of my large stomach.

Pls how do i fill my side bar? Could you give me instructions. thanks.

Hello Simi and welcome.

To fill in the side bar, go to the top of the page and there you will see User CP, click on that and edit and save your profile details :)

Good luck with your bypass, there are a few patients who have had surgery at your hospital and am sure are more than willing to share information and answer any questions you may have xx

:welcome2:Hi Simi and welcome to this fanastic site, i am sure you will get loads of help and support with your wls journey,
Marie.:welcome2:

Got a little bit of exciting news last week. Got a call from the hospital that I should come and see the nurse for a 'pre-assessment' on the 18th Oct. I assume this is to discuss the 'liver diet' before the operation is done. I can't wait. Kinda excited and anxious too.

HI SIMI WELCOME I TOO AM NEW ON HERE AND UPON READING YOUR STORY "IT WAS ME" I HAVE HAD MY REFERAL DONE TODAY IM HOPING FOR A BYPASS OR SLEEVE BUT STILL EARLY DAYS IM 34 AND I NO EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAYING. i THOUGHT I WAS ON MY OWN UNTIL I FOUND THIS SITE AND HAVE MADE SOME WONDERFUL FRIENDS HAVE HAD A LOT OF ENCOURAGMENT AND ADVISE STICK WITH IT HUNI WERE ALL HERE TO LISTEN AND HELP IF WE CAN XXXXX

Back