• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

pamelalansbury

I thought I best say hello as I've been lurking on here for days. I'm not really called pamela lansbury, you can call me Pam though :) I'm, 31, engaged, no children, and from Yorkshire.

After years of battling with my weight, I decided to look into getting a gastric band after reasearching band / sleeve and bypass. I'm not quite fat enough to qualify for the surgery on the nhs here (My dr said Bradford PCT agree 50 or over only) but tbh I'm not so upset, I can raise the funds via a loan to go private, and it'll be much faster.

I have my first consult this evening, and I'm going to tell my boss today also. Pretty exciting - I know it's not going to be easy but I'm choosing this option to aid my mental health, as my weight is magnifying my depression and then I need more meds, which cause weight gain... vicous circle! Hopefully this will do it for me

Hi Pam and welcome hun, its a wonderful place here full of info and friendly advise and tons of support. I wish you well for your consultation later and all the best on your journey :) x xx

Hello and welcome to a great site
let us know how your meeting went
good luck in changing to a better you!

Thanks all for the welcome :)

I went last night, he basically went through the pros and cons of each op and whether they'd suit my needs. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks with the dietician to discuss my profile as an eater / overweight person, before a concrete appointment with the consultant again to make the decision.

Consultant said after the decision is made, it could be just a few weeks before surgery, so perhaps mid / end march. Either way I'm excited, if it's end of march I might be back on solids in time for my friend's wedding in may, so that would be a huge plus for me. I'm just so keen to get it all going!

Thanks all for the welcome :)

I went last night, he basically went through the pros and cons of each op and whether they'd suit my needs. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks with the dietician to discuss my profile as an eater / overweight person, before a concrete appointment with the consultant again to make the decision.

Consultant said after the decision is made, it could be just a few weeks before surgery, so perhaps mid / end march. Either way I'm excited, if it's end of march I might be back on solids in time for my friend's wedding in may, so that would be a huge plus for me. I'm just so keen to get it all going!

Thats good news hun and so quick too congrats :D lets hope your done and dusted for the wedding oooooh imagining the glorious new outfit now !!

Thats good news hun and so quick too congrats :D lets hope your done and dusted for the wedding oooooh imagining the glorious new outfit now !!

I'm bridesmaid, lol, more like 'imagine paying to have the outfit you've already had to buy taken in' but still, I can't wait. The joy of going private I guess, (which I'll need reminding of when I'm paying all my cards off...) :p

ETA: Just seen how soon your op is Crystalrainbow - wow, good luck with it!

Last edited:
I'm bridesmaid, lol, more like 'imagine paying to have the outfit you've already had to buy taken in' but still, I can't wait. The joy of going private I guess, (which I'll need reminding of when I'm paying all my cards off...) :p

ETA: Just seen how soon your op is Crystalrainbow - wow, good luck with it!

ooooooooh no :eek: eeeek and ouch at the extra costs but will be well worth every penny. But soooo exciting about being bridesmaid eh what a wonderful motivation too :)

Thanks for the luck x x x x

hi welcome and good luck

Thanks all :)

I told my closest friend yesterday, she is worried I'll end up ill but understands why I'm doing it and supports me whatever which is good. I just can't wait dor the dietician appointment it feels so far away at the moment!

Hi Pam :) its understandable for your friend to be worried, its a big step to take, and not to be taken lightly but for most of us here its the last chance to get our health back and our lives back. Its nice that she worried, mine has been not very supportive at all..... saying you don't need that.... you've done so well yourself.... you'll be thinner than me!!!!
LOL that says it all eh..... I just know that this is my last chance of a fit healthy future, i'm choosing life not more years of mobility issues which i'm sure would only get worse as the years tic by x x x x wishing you all the best

Thanks all x

Had my overnight oxygen monitor last night, was mesmerised with it! Always struggled to find my pulse so just kept watching it, it was hypnotic.

Sending that back today, and only 3 sleeps til the dietician appointment. Eek exciting! Told a few more friends from a club I'm in, they were supportive which is great. Not told my mum yet, don't think she'll be for or against it, just that I want to tell her when I've got a date!

Making the most at the moment and eating the things I won't be able to post op, so I don't wish I'd had anything if that makes sense.

Thanks all. I wrote a massive post and the app didn't post it boo!

Had an oxygen monitor last night to check for sleep apnoea, kinda cool as it got me interested im my pulse etc. May have to get a gadget to track this stuff post op!

3 sleeps until the dietician appointment, and I can't wait. Just want to get things underway.

Told a few more friends and they've been dead supportive of it which is cool, I haven't told my mum yet as I want to tell her in person once i have a date.

Saw the dietician at the weekend and it seemed to go well. I weighed slightly less than I was expecting, there again it was 10am on a Saturday and I hadn't eaten.

She went through lots of questions about my eating habits and emotional reactions to eating, she covered the options again but thinks I am a good candidate for band. She's sending her notes onto the consultant so I just have to wait for him to contact me so we can have another appointment and book the date in. So excited, can't come quick enough

Saw the dietician at the weekend and it seemed to go well. I weighed slightly less than I was expecting, there again it was 10am on a Saturday and I hadn't eaten.

She went through lots of questions about my eating habits and emotional reactions to eating, she covered the options again but thinks I am a good candidate for band. She's sending her notes onto the consultant so I just have to wait for him to contact me so we can have another appointment and book the date in. So excited, can't come quick enough

great news hun so shouldn't be long ooooh exciting x x x

Back