• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello I'm a new!

Kimmi68

I had my surgery (sleeve) on12/1/17. I weighed 99.4kgon my first weigh in 5 days after op.Went again a week later and weighed 99.6kg why? A gain?
I also got a period 1 day after op which is unusual for me,as I have polycystic ovaries.
I initially weighed 114kg on first weigh in 14/12/15. Any thoughts or encouragement would be appreciated. X

I had my surgery (sleeve) on12/1/17. I weighed 99.4kgon my first weigh in 5 days after op.Went again a week later and weighed 99.6kg why? A gain?
I also got a period 1 day after op which is unusual for me,as I have polycystic ovaries.
I initially weighed 114kg on first weigh in 14/12/15. Any thoughts or encouragement would be appreciated. X
Could be fluid, gas from the op, body in starvation mode, lack of bowel movements, pre-op diet. The body needs to adjust to what has happened as it has experienced trauma. I didn't lose anything the first week. I am post menopausal, but have seen posts on here about WLS affecting periods. Keep the fluids going in, whatever your team has advised you to drink, as that will help your body heal.

The best encouragement I can give, is give it time and remember we are all different, so react differently, when reading things on here. Things improve once you are on normal food.

Hi I was sleeved on the 22/12 and for the first 6 days like a crazy woman I stood on the scales everyday and I lost zilch, it wasn't till the second week that I lost 3kg. However the ups and downs still continue,! last week I stalled and lost nothing again, but this week I have lost 1kg. It's crazy !

Hello and welcome to the group!

Hi and welcome. I would imagine the lack of movement on the scales is down to your body still being in recovery mode like Sam said. Congratulations on being on the losers bench though... Very jealous x

Hello and welcome to the group :)
I have had a lot of operations besides WLS and have often had a period afterwards. I think that, along with what seems like a gain is your body trying to figure out what happened. I wasn't eating at all for over a week after one surgery when I was very ill and put on about 3lbs which really frustrated me and they just said my body was hanging on to everything while it tried to recover. Plus I was very constipated which never helps. Trust yourself if you can, stick to the plan you've been given and it will all even out in the next few weeks x

Hi and welcome

As already said, it is normal not to lose weight this quickly, due to having major, major surgery and the factors associated with it. Plus, stops and starts are normal (I keep telling myself that) and this will continue througought your journey. I often try to remember @los in it 's quote on her signature - It took more than a day to put it on, it will take more than a day to take it off.

Hello, welcome and congratulations, I haven't got that for in my journey but I'm sure all the advice and answers you have had from those who have had their wls is absolutely correct

Back