• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello im a newbie

Slimstar?

Hello everyone I'm a newbie on here, but have been on other forums. I'm still in my research phase but do have a consultation booked with the hospital group next week. Does anyone have any experience with them. In particularly I'm looking at aftercare. I've read some really great reports but also some really bad ones :( I'm looking forward to reading about other peoples experiences and hopefully posting my own success on here

Welcome :)

There's very mixed reviews and experiences about them here too. I had mine done via Healthier Weight and am now 4 weeks post op (tomorrow) and they have been great . . .have my first fill next week, but their post care and things have been first class so far :)

Hi and Welcome. I had my band with thg and also another op a couple of weeks ago because I have had a very positive experience with them first time round. I am suffering complications following my second op, however those are due to rare but known surgical risks and could have happened wherever i had the op. I have had to have several nurse and consultant appointments over the past week and an emergency op...again they have been very accomodating and quick to react. Aftercare is soooo important to insider when making your final decision in my opinion. Based on my personal experience, I would still wholeheartedly recommend them....but you will get a feel for whether or not they are right for you when you visit. good luck on your journey :D

Thanks for your reply! It's glad to here that someone had a good experience with THG (although I'm sorry to here about your complications!) I'm actually very nervous about the whole thing as I have very mixed support from family. I have one family member who is very supportive and a couple of others who just can't comprehend why I can't just stick to a low carb diet and exercise more!!! As these are the only people who will know about the process their support is really important to me :'( x

Overall my experience with thg has been great. The problem is they are so busy!!!! If you want to speak to someone post op you have to wait a couple of days unless it's an emergency and I've had to go all over the place to get a fill or wait ages to get one closest to home. You are kinda left to your own devices but that's where this site is invaluable for support and advice x

Hi Slimstar =)

I am having my band with THG on 22nd October. My surgeon is Mr Super. My Patient Care Coordinator has been really lovely so far. I get the vibe that you have to be prepared to be assertive if THG are a bit slow to set your appointments up sometimes, but that other times they seem really on the ball. There are some fab ladies on here who are at various stages of pre-op diet/recent post-op and veteran post-op. They've been great for giving me a better idea of what to expect =) Good luck for your consultation x

Back