• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello - post-op DS newbie

thinnerangela

Hello everyone.

I had a DS on 12/12/08.

Heaviest about 24 stone

23 stone at op date

11st 13 on 31/12/09

So I'm half the woman I was !!:D

If anybody has any questions about my op feel free to ask - research and information are vital to all pre-oppers

Angela

Hi, im new on here 2.......whats a ds? i had laproscopic gastric banding 4 weeks ago today. Need as much support as possible, clothes feel looser but scales havent moved!! :(

i had laproscopic gastric banding 4 weeks ago today. Need as much support as possible, clothes feel looser but scales havent moved!! :(

hiya karen hun click new thread in this section and write a introduction about you hun, welcome to the forum its good to see you here xxx

liz xxx

hi Angela and welcome, congratulations on your weight loss you have done fabulous xxxx

liz x

Sorry a DS is a duodenal switch.

Its a sleeve gastrectomy with a bilio-pancreatic diversion and duodenal switch. I also had my gallbladder removed at the same time.

My small intestine is about 100cm long.

This means I've kept the two sphincters in the stomach but have a lot of maladsorption and have to take vitamin and calcium supplements and have 6 monthly blood checks.

I was a type 2 diabetic and had this op to resolve the diabetes. I was on insulin. It took till November for my insulin requirement to drop off completely but fingers crossed the diabetes has resolved now.

No BP tablets or cholestrol lowerers either now - yay

And a knee replacement as a direct result of WLS and on the waiting list for the second

Hope this helps

Angela

Thats fantastic news, it just goes to show the damage weight does to us, but as uve proved its never 2 late!
Bet ur dead proud of urself.

Well done on the fab weight loss, but how come you needed a knee replacement as a result of surgery?:confused::confused:

I didn't need the knee replacement because of the surgery - must be getting late - me brains become addled - sorry.

If it hadn't been for the WLS I would never have had the knee replacement or be waiting for the second - because at 24 st the orthopaedic folk refused to even see me.

The osteoarthritis in my knees is partly genetic and mostly obesity related.

I have osteoarthritis in my spine and hands and feet as well.

OOPs - sorry - hope I've made it clearer now

Angela x

I didn't need the knee replacement because of the surgery - must be getting late - me brains become addled - sorry.

If it hadn't been for the WLS I would never have had the knee replacement or be waiting for the second - because at 24 st the orthopaedic folk refused to even see me.

The osteoarthritis in my knees is partly genetic and mostly obesity related.

I have osteoarthritis in my spine and hands and feet as well.

OOPs - sorry - hope I've made it clearer now

Angela x
oh right I get ya now hun:DI couldn't work out how losing weight had made your knees knackered lol.Was getting worried there lol xx;)

Wow Angela. It's great to hear how well people have done. It must have been really good to know that you'd done well enough to have your knee op too. Fantastic!

hi and welcome xx

Back