• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello i'm from Telford

Hope today goes well at your appointment menasher :) xx

Hi hun, i'm so happy I haven't stopped smiling, I will be having the op in beginning of august maybe July?, it would of been sooner but i have a holiday booked ;-) So yes just waiting for the date, the surgeon recommended a bypass as I will have scar tissue from the lapband surgery. OMG words cannot express just how happy I am right now. Just have people to tell, just hope that bit of it goes well!! How you doing?

Hi hun, i'm so happy I haven't stopped smiling, I will be having the op in beginning of august maybe July?, it would of been sooner but i have a holiday booked ;-) So yes just waiting for the date, the surgeon recommended a bypass as I will have scar tissue from the lapband surgery. OMG words cannot express just how happy I am right now. Just have people to tell, just hope that bit of it goes well!! How you doing?

Yay that's brilliant news :) I'm so glad you got the go ahead today. Gosh it's not long to wait considering it's very nearly May! :) Really chuffed for you :)

Are you going to tell everyone? I've still not told quite a few people and so far I've managed to avoid them lol. :)

I'm ok thanks :)

Yay that's brilliant news :) I'm so glad you got the go ahead today. Gosh it's not long to wait considering it's very nearly May! :) Really chuffed for you :)

Are you going to tell everyone? I've still not told quite a few people and so far I've managed to avoid them lol. :)

I'm ok thanks :)

Oh good glad all is well, I know it isn't that far away is it :D but it does give me enough time to try and get ahead with my work load as I will be trying to rest for the week after I get home from hospital. It also couldn't work out better time wise as the kids will be on there 6 week school holidays :eek: I will let the kids and hubby wait on me for a change, do it enough for them lol. I have told my mother in law and she was a little surprised I had kept it secret but she's happy for me:). I'm meeting my one sister tomorrow so will tell her! Not looking forward to telling her the most as I know it won't go down too well:( My other sister I think will take it better. Apart from them and a few other people that's all I will be telling as know one else needs to know my private life. I think I'm going to be spending the next couple of months on cloud 9 lol. Take care hun xx

Really pleased to read you got your date yesterday. It's such a relief I know. I felt a weight lift when they gave me my date last weekend. Good luck with it all :)

Oh good glad all is well, I know it isn't that far away is it :D but it does give me enough time to try and get ahead with my work load as I will be trying to rest for the week after I get home from hospital. It also couldn't work out better time wise as the kids will be on there 6 week school holidays :eek: I will let the kids and hubby wait on me for a change, do it enough for them lol. I have told my mother in law and she was a little surprised I had kept it secret but she's happy for me:). I'm meeting my one sister tomorrow so will tell her! Not looking forward to telling her the most as I know it won't go down too well:( My other sister I think will take it better. Apart from them and a few other people that's all I will be telling as know one else needs to know my private life. I think I'm going to be spending the next couple of months on cloud 9 lol. Take care hun xx

Yeah its a good amount of time to get things sorted but not so far off that it feels like you're waiting for Christmas!!!!! Haha yeah, they can definitely look after you for a change. They think they're on hols for 6 weeks, but no, they're having a working holiday lol. :D:D

Good luck telling people, I'm sure they'll be supportive when they see how happy you are to have had your date through!!! :) Take care, chat soon :)xx

Yeah its a good amount of time to get things sorted but not so far off that it feels like you're waiting for Christmas!!!!! Haha yeah, they can definitely look after you for a change. They think they're on hols for 6 weeks, but no, they're having a working holiday lol. :D:D

Good luck telling people, I'm sure they'll be supportive when they see how happy you are to have had your date through!!! :) Take care, chat soon :)xx
Hi BFB, not been around for a while, busy, busy, busy that's me :) I have my date 10th, August whoopee so not long to go now just getting organised :) Can I ask what you took in your hospital bag, i.e. did you take dry mouth spray or gas x strips?? and did you take pj's or nighties, just wondering as for easy access for the drip? How's you doing, Take care xx

Hi BFB, not been around for a while, busy, busy, busy that's me :) I have my date 10th, August whoopee so not long to go now just getting organised :) Can I ask what you took in your hospital bag, i.e. did you take dry mouth spray or gas x strips?? and did you take pj's or nighties, just wondering as for easy access for the drip? How's you doing, Take care xx

Haha I wondered where you were. Ooh how exciting, not long at all.

This is the list the hospital gave me:

Towel
Soap / shower gel / shampoo
Toothpaste / toothbrush
Shaving cream / razor
Flannel
Comb / brush
Slippers (good grip) - labelled with name
Dressing gown
Nightdress / pyjamas
Underwear
Glasses and case - labelled with name
Hearing aid and batteries
Dentures and denture pot
ALL medication

I didn't take dry mouth spray, but lip balm was very handy. I took some peppermint tea bags but didn't use them or need them actually. I took pyjamas cause they look at your wounds so it was easier to roll them down a bit than lift a whole nightie. I bought larger pj bottoms than I needed so they wouldn't be too tight. I took a kindle and ipod but felt too ill to do anything. I wouldn't take too much really, or maybe your family can bring stuff in when they visit. I'm sure you'll be pretty much out of it the first night anyway. There's a little trolley that comes round with papers and magazines (and sweets!) but I didn't take any money so maybe a bit of change would be handy.

Yeah I'm ok ta. Take care xx:)

Haha I wondered where you were. Ooh how exciting, not long at all.

This is the list the hospital gave me:

Towel
Soap / shower gel / shampoo
Toothpaste / toothbrush
Shaving cream / razor
Flannel
Comb / brush
Slippers (good grip) - labelled with name
Dressing gown
Nightdress / pyjamas
Underwear
Glasses and case - labelled with name
Hearing aid and batteries
Dentures and denture pot
ALL medication

I didn't take dry mouth spray, but lip balm was very handy. I took some peppermint tea bags but didn't use them or need them actually. I took pyjamas cause they look at your wounds so it was easier to roll them down a bit than lift a whole nightie. I bought larger pj bottoms than I needed so they wouldn't be too tight. I took a kindle and ipod but felt too ill to do anything. I wouldn't take too much really, or maybe your family can bring stuff in when they visit. I'm sure you'll be pretty much out of it the first night anyway. There's a little trolley that comes round with papers and magazines (and sweets!) but I didn't take any money so maybe a bit of change would be handy.

Yeah I'm ok ta. Take care xx:)

Well I start my LSD tomorrow so am already and excited.My body and mind are so ready, can't wait for the start of the real part of my journey which seems to have taken forever have just got back from a week away so have eaten like pig and gained 6lbs! But I'm sure this will drop off Hope u are doing well x

Day 5 over with and 7lbs down, the liver shrinkage diet is far easier than l was expecting but I think that's only because l have the determination to do it as I know what's coming at the end only 9 days till surgery I'm getting extremely excited but a little scared

Was just wondering how ur getting on x

Back