• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, I'm new

Hello there, I came across this forum by accident, and I'm so glad I did, you all seem so lovely and suportive of one another.
After reading some of your posts, it has made me feel so emotional - I went to my GP last year to be referred for gastric banding, and was refused funding, I was gutted.
I'm planning to go back again tomorrow to ask again, but am already convinced that I will get another NO!
How did you manage to convince your GP that funding was the way to go?
Thanks so much for reading this, speak soon
xx
HI THERE POOKIEDOODLE,
i too am new ere and have spent most nights reading everybodies posts and they really have helped me wth all my questions and worries.
it really is amazing how people from different parts of the country are treated so differently.
i am from leeds. from asking my doctor about a gastric band to getting a appointment at hospital i only had to wait 2-3 weeks,my surgeon then tells me i have to wait .....4 weeks for my surgery.was amazed at how soon i was going to get it(gastric bypass due to high bmi)
so get yourself an appointment as soon as you can, things have changed since last year i am sure you will be succesful.
goodluck and keep intouch,shell xx

Hi folks
Am glad i found this thread. I too am considering a gastic band. Having tried Weightwatchers, Scottish Slimmers, Slimming World, Lighter Life and Cambridge and Xenical to no avail so far i now feel at the end of my rope.....and like others here have been on the large side since childhood (need to lose about 10 stone just now). Have seen a dietician who advised i have a very healthy diet but that i needed to control portion sizes which is difficult when you feel hungry most of the time.
I have PCOS and see the endocrinologist at the end of this month and am going to ask her to refer me for banding. Had been told by a friend that i would have to wait about a year to get it done so 2-3 weeks for 1st appt and then 4 weeks is fab!!!!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you all.
Take care

Claire xx

nic how are you ive not been on for a few days as me and hubby always have same days off work and spend them together such a romantic he is so hope ive not missed much.xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi hun

Wish my other half was romantic - not much chance of that !!! Maybe he'll get a shock one day!

Anyhows I'm ok apart from him and I spoke to the hospital again today and she said that she was going through the dates tonight and would ring me tomorrow - not holding my breath as she said that last week :cry:

It's just so frustrating and I'll have a terrible day at work too.

How's u hun?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks hun

I think cos other stuff has gone on today at work and then come home to a mess (thanks to my other half) I'm naffed off tonight with it all!!

I'm really contemplating throwing it all in with him at the mo and going back to being single!

Anyway enough of my moaning :(

Hiya Emma

No its not actually although may be coming up to that time lol think I'm gonna go and have an early night and read in bed hun, I'm sure I will be more positive tomorrow and if the lady rings from the hospital I may be ecstatic - unless they say my op will be November lol

Will speak to you tomorrow hun, take care and I promise not to be miserable tomorrow its not like me! xx

Hello, how's everyone's Saturday going?
Sorry I've not replied to a few of you, but the end of the week was so busy for me - I've just completed my 2 year hairdressing course at college, so we were really pushing to get that done before my holiday. We are all out tonight to celebrate the end of our course, there are about 20 of us going, so I can't wait!
Aside from that I've no other news, I think it'll be a while before i hear from the hospital about my surgery & whether they will fund it for me, I only spoke to my GP last week.
We have got a busy weekend ahead of us, out tonight then packing tomorrow, so I may not be around too much.
Hope you all have a great weekend,
Speak soon.

Hi Emma

I hope you have a fantastic night out and celebrate in style! Well done on completing your course too!

xxx

Helloooooooooo!!
Well, what a beautiful sunny day, it's so lovely out there.
I had such a good night last night, it was great to have a final night out with all of my college friends, and tutors, I can't believe I'm all complete, I'm really going to miss them all.
What you up to today Nic?

Hi Emma

I'm enjoying the sun to be honest and trying to have a bit of a chill, been a busy weekend and I'm shattered to be honest, need a good night sleep tonight thats for sure xxx

Back